Libram Magica

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Libram Magica

Post by Solomoriah »

That will be fine by me.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
greymark

Post by greymark »

Not sure if this has been noted prior:

Light is listed as a First and Second level spell for Magic Users (page 6)

2nd:
18 Light* Common#
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

greymark wrote:Not sure if this has been noted prior:

Light is listed as a First and Second level spell for Magic Users (page 6)

2nd:
18 Light* Common#
It is supposed to be a first level spell. I am just wondering if the 2nd level listing is supposed to be something else, or just something that needs to be deleted out.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Cumbana820

Post by Cumbana820 »

Clarifying question.

Noticed "Phase Door" says Illusionist 5, but in the Illusionist supplement it is listed as a 6th level spell. It also says Magic User level 3, but it is listed as a 7th level spell in the "New Spells" supplement. Just looking for confirmation of appropriate levels. Thanks! :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"New Spells" and "Illusionists" are official supplements; as far as the "right" answer goes, that's the best I can tell you.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Cumbana820

Post by Cumbana820 »

Got it. Thanks.
daryen

Post by daryen »

I am not sure how or why, but it appears that Growth of Animals and Neutralize Poison have accidentally been swapped. In the base Druid guide Growth of Animals is 5th level and Neutralize Poison is 3rd level. In Libram Magica, those assignments are reversed. (For the record, Neutralize Poison is 3rd level for Druids literally everywhere else, including 3.5SRD. Likewise, Animal Growth is 5th level for Druids everywhere else, including 3.5SRD.)

As an unrelated question, was there reasoning behind the removal of the spells Obscuring Mist, Summon Animals I, and Summon Animals II from the Druid spell list? I would have expected the spells in Libram Magica to be a superset of the spells in the Druid supplement. Was the exclusion intentional or accidental?

Thanks!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

First point looks like an error.

Second point appears to be accidental omissions.

And, excellent rationale for the collaborative effort we endorse. Everyone needs extra eyes on their efforts to help locate and fix these sorts of problems. :D
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Seven

Post by Seven »

I really like having the Libram Magica as a list of uncommon/obscure spells to throw around. It's a huge plus if there are no contradictions with the other material.

My own campaign is drowning in druids, village druids, feral druids, elven druids, dark druids...
It goes with the boonies setting, I guess.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Cool! Not a problem; that's why I ask.

When I finish with my Druid and Illusionist efforts, I'll likely loop back here and make some suggestions, too.

Seriously, the Libram Magica has been a big help doing through this. The only reason I noticed is because I am carefully going through both lists at the same time and cross-checking. I'll wait until things are settled on that effort and, regardless of how successful I end up being, I'll come back here with the results.