Prelude

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

dymondy2k

Re: Prelude

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros begins to reply to the bartender that he has no idea who the other halfing is when he feels a hand on his shoulder and a familiar voice at his back. His shoulders drop in resignation and turns towards the other halfling.

'Hello Galan, I guess your here to try to interrupt my dreams of adventure and glory huh? Well its not going to work because I already gave this gentlemen my word that I would help with a little problem he is having."

With that he turns back to the bartender with a pleading look in his eye.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

crabus wrote:Neville: Me ? I am just a man in exil, too far away from my country.
Keiler smiles warmly (you think) and winks. "A man far from home should share a drink when he can," and with that, he heads to the bar to retrieve some ale and beer.
Go with a smile!
crabus

Post by crabus »

Neville give a honestly smile and say "Yes you right." When beers arrived Neville take one and say "À la vôtre!"
Husk

Post by Husk »

Pero finishes his meal and makes his way up to the bartender while Keiler gets friendly with the other guests. Walking up he looks down at the two haflings that came in earlier. It would seem that they knew each other by the way they were talking, and by the looks of their dress, they were no strangers to the road.

Once at the bar, he would address the barkeep as soon as he had his attention;

"Pardon me sir, but the gentleman there had advised me that you had a job that needed to be done. If I may be so forward, my partner and I are quite a capable pair."

He gestures to Keiler at the table with Neville and Gabriel, then looks around the bar.

"Is there a posting or office I should apply through, or if you can offer me any specifics I could give you an estimate?"

Looking down he offers the pair of haflings a sincere smile as he leans against the rail.

"Quite the day to be traveling, yes?"
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Thaddeus overcomes his shock, steps in, and finds an empty seat to occupy. He looks around, taking in the scene and conversation, wondering where the barmaid is.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

dymondy2k wrote:'Hello Galan, I guess your here to try to interrupt my dreams of adventure and glory huh? Well its not going to work because I already gave this gentlemen my word that I would help with a little problem he is having."

With that he turns back to the bartender with a pleading look in his eye.
"Wha...Huh...Err..." stammers Galan. "You...You mean you don't want to come back to the temple? Everyone is worried sick over you! I've been searching for you for days and now you tell me you don't want to return?! Why don't we sit down and talk this over before you get in over your head again. You do remember what happened at the Tournament of Knights last year, right?"

With that he orders 2 mugs of ale and motions for Davros to join him at the nearest table.
husk wrote:"Quite the day to be traveling, yes?"
"I would much rather be back in the temple, truth be told, but I was sent out in search of our brother here and I shall not rest easy until he is back in the fold"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Husk

At the Bar

Post by Husk »

Galan wrote: "I would much rather be back in the temple, truth be told, but I was sent out in search of our brother here and I shall not rest easy until he is back in the fold"
The tall man nodded and chuckled.

"Tis' a labor you can be proud of, and should be! No one man can make it on his own. I should hope I have the strength, if ever I am called upon to be my brother's keeper."
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros really didn't want to follow Galen to a table but he had to admit a good beer did sound good right now. As he slid into the bench he took one of the mugs from Galen's hand and quaffed it down. The familiar shiver of alcohol gave him the courage he needed.

"As for that stupid tournament, how was I supposed to know you weren't supposed to ride a pony in the jousting tournament? But I almost won when the other knight almost fell out off his horse laughing. But this time is different. I am tired of living my life in that tired old temple. I want to get out, be bold and adventurous. I want to bring our faith to the world, either by prayer or force. Speaking of, I hope Brother Wenthros wasn't too upset that I 'borrowed' his mace and armor."

Davros took another swig of ale from the mug and looked around the tavern. He noticed for the first time just how crowded it was in here and from the looks of things, not your normal tavern crowd. Before Galen could get out a word in reply Davros already knew he wasn't going back to that temple. He may not be the sharpest knive in the kitchen but he knew something was afoot.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keiler retrieved a pair of ales, and a pair of beers. (ooc: deducting 3sp)

Delivering to the beers to Gabriel and Neville, he sets an ale by Pero's half-full mug, and keeps one for himself.
Though he didn't catch the words, he certainly got the intent, and joined Neville in his toast, and takes a long pull of the top.

Sitting again, he leans in closer to Gabriel, and motions for Neville to get a bit closer as well. In a quiet, low voice to avoid eavesdropping, he begins to speak. "Sounds like there's some odd goings on with these 'accidents' these adventurers are having... and maybe some opportunities. Thanks to you for the warning, Gabriel. If there's anything you're lookin' for, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you." With a wink at Gabriel, Keiler turns more towards Neville, and with a louder voice Keiler extends a hand in greeting. "Keiler Stoutaxe, of House Tobur. Might I have your name, friend?"
Go with a smile!
crabus

Post by crabus »

Neville say "I am Neville Pourcel. It's a great pleasure to meet a friendly people like you".