Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
rredmond

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by rredmond »

Playing with your kids is the best Josh!
Have fun and be well,
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Galuf1024

Post by Galuf1024 »

Ended up starting with "Kidnapped!", instead of Morgansfort, but we are using it to get into that adventure set. Kids are having a good time, and my wife even is enjoying it. I think I've finally found the right game to introduce the game to ttrpg's! We made it about halfway through in the first session. Looking forward to continuing soon.
rudgar

Post by rudgar »

Hi all!
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
I've been reading about BFRPG for a long time, there's something I really like about this system.
I just wanted to post to say what a great game and community I think this is.
That's all!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks rudgar! 8-)
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome rudgar!
Enjoy the community!
nemolomen

Post by nemolomen »

Two Human Magic-Users, two Clerics (Elf & Dwarf), a Human Fighter and a Halfling Thief walk into a Morgansfort...chaos ensues...

Hi Everyone, new member here.

I'd like to give my most humble thanks to Chris and everyone else involved in making Basic Fantasy RPG into the awesomeness that it is today. Thanks! You guys have accomplished something I can only dream of undertaking. You rock!

I was first exposed to tabletop RPGs in 1983, give or take, but didn't have anyone to play them with then. Fast forward a few years to college where I played a few sessions.

In the Army, I played some more, but then it was fits and spurts for the next 20 years.

Recently, with the release of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, I found myself yearning for tabletop play again, but living out in the country makes it difficult at best to meetup with friends in the city for regular games.

What is a gamemaster to do?...Oh, I know...I'll start a group with the people around me.

So I began looking into starting a campaign. While I have the 3.5 book set, its a little on the big side. I though, "Oh, I have the Moldvay/Cook B/X books and they are fairly short without all the rules for everything". But, as I started reading them again, I became reacquainted with things like counter intuitive armor representations and races as classes. But I forged ahead with my plan.

Then, while rummaging around the net, I found BFRPG and my plans quickly changed and we actually started a campaign. It was so easy to do very quickly.

The characters in my opening line above are being run by (in no particular order) my wife, our son, two of our grandsons, one of our nephews and my brother-in-law.

Lets see, so far...the fighter lost his chain mail armor swimming across the river and had to be rescued; the thief almost fell into a pit trap she triggered while disarming; one of the magic-users barely made his saving throws (twice) to prevent being poisoned while removing the fangs of a dead Giant Crab Spider; everyone almost died from a fiery dust ball; and now the entire party is holed up in a secret room resting to try to recover some of their health.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next session...most of the players already have a backup character on standby in the player folder...
I travel through space and time on a giant blue and white marble.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Hah! Welcome nemolomen! Thought there was goin to be a punchline with that opening! :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Swimming a river, exploding dust... Olde Island Fortress. Beware, it's a bit of a meatgrinder (I should know, it's my fault).

Also, welcome!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
nemolomen

Post by nemolomen »

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to my players characters having many great adventures.
I travel through space and time on a giant blue and white marble.
ShannonFrank

Post by ShannonFrank »

Hey guys! Thanks for letting me join. I'm pretty new to Basic Fantasy by having a blast running my group in this system.
Independent Artist and Publisher of Instant Adventures
Art Portfolio: patreon.com/instantadventures
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... Adventures