[HA1] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dustinian

[HA1] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by Dustinian »

Good evening, everyone. It's been forever!

I hit upon some inspiration tonight, and I turned out "Harvest Feast," a Thanksgiving adventure, in just a few hours. It has not been play-tested yet, but I wanted to share it before Thanksgiving Day in case anyone winds up running an impromptu game of BFRPG for family or friends!

Remember it's just a few hours' work, so it may have typos, but I'll continue working on it...

View it on Google Docs...

Or as a PDF (attached).
Attachments
Harvest-Feast-r5.pdf
(148.19 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Harvest-Feast-r5.odt
(27.52 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Dustinian
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm attaching a version of this adventure formatted using the Adventure Template. I did a very few revisions, but of course we'll do the full proofing job on it. I think we do need to get some stats in there, and maybe a map, but this is a great start!

BTW, I've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3... do we have any other candidates?
Attachments
AA3.1-Harvest-Feast-r2.pdf
(178.39 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
AA3.1-Harvest-Feast-r2.odt
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 am
BTW, I've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3... do we have any other candidates?
Working on one, but it's definitely not as entertaining as this gem. Looking forward to seeing this fully fleshed out and ready for print.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
teaman

Post by teaman »

Thanks for posting this! I'm actually playing in a BFRPG session tonight. One of my players is running so I get a break from DM-ing, which is lovely.

Thanks again for sharing.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I made an editing pass on this one:

Made it so there are two spaces between sentences.

Page 2 – Dwarves paragraph
Changed ancentral to ancestral.

Page 2 – Orcs paragraph and Giants paragraph
Changed ellipsis (…) to comma (,).

Page 3 – Point 1 under Information section
Changed waystation to way station

Page 3 – Other Travelers paragraph
Changed travellers to travelers.

Page 3 – Feast Ebbs paragraph
Bolded Feast Ebbs: part of the paragraph.

Page 3 – The Attack section
Changed ellipsis (…) to comma (,).

Suggest having Hit Blocks for the Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Giants, Halflings, and any other groups besides player characters.

Attached is the R3 version of the module.
Attachments
AA3.1-Harvest-Feast-r3.odt
(28.84 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 am BTW, I've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3... do we have any other candidates?
Yes, I've marked a few and updated their post title w/ "[AA3]"; I think I've done 3 or 4. I also have a couple in various stages that I will put up once further along.
EthanL

Re: [AA3] Thanksgiving Adventure: Harvest Feast

Post by EthanL »

I just gave this a play through this weekend. I'm pretty new to being GM so bear that in mind. My group only had two PCs so I halved all the NPC numbers and that seemed to scale pretty well and whole thing took a couple hours, so that was enough to satisfy the players for an impromptu evening game. Fun stuff! Thanks!

The funniest part about the campaign was that I told the players what it was called and they immediately thought there was going to be cannibalism involved so they went around town asking leading questions like "oh, and who, I mean WHAT is for dinner exactly??" and then it was even more mysterious for them when everything turned out to be perfectly normal.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome EthanL!
I was going to run this the last weekend, and the girls went with 5E. Sigh. Sounds like a lot of fun though!!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

Wow, more responses than I figured, including a play-through! I'm going to indulge in a long post to get all my thoughts out...

Solomoriah wrote:Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 amI'm attaching a version of this adventure formatted using the Adventure Template.
Thank you! Sorry for the extra work. I was thinking to keep working at it in Google Docs before converting it myself, but I see the error of my ways since you and others here have already contributed edits and changes. I'll post first drafts in the template next time!

Solomoriah wrote:Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 amI think we do need to get some stats in there, and maybe a map, but this is a great start!
I'll work on a map and stats!

Solomoriah wrote:Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 amI've taken the liberty of marking this for AA3...
I'm fine with this for now, but I have a secret wish to pull together enough holiday adventures to result in a holiday supplement. Can we leave it with AA3 for now, and see if I'm able to pull enough holiday adventures together to justify a supplement of its own later?

AlMan wrote:Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:44 pmI made an editing pass on this one:
Thanks, AlMan! I really appreciate all your edits! I wrote the adventure on an AlphaSmart Neo (taking a page out of kerc's book), and I underestimated my reliance on modern autocorrect and spell check!

EthanL wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 amI just gave this a play through this weekend.
Wow! Thank you! You ran it before I did! I'm glad you had a good time! And this was your first post, too! Welcome to BFRPG!
Dustinian
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

Uploading r4 with a few very small changes, and removed repetition on the mass combat rules.
Attachments
AA3.1-Harvest-Feast-r4.odt
(24.28 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Dustinian