Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
rredmond

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by rredmond »

Ah the story that sounds so similar to many of us! :D
Welcome back!!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
TardisCaptain

Post by TardisCaptain »

Greetings, my name is Carl. I started with BECMI back in the early 80's. I preferred it over AD&D 1e. Didn't get much into 2e. Just finished a 3.5 campaign earlier this year. Wasn't impressed with 4e and I haven't really sat down to play 5e yet.

I've also played FASA Star Trek RPG and loved it. Played some Decipher Star Trek. I haven't had a chance to try the Modipeus Star Trek Adventures. Loved playing D6 Star Wars from WEG. Did some short stints with GURPS, Marvel Superheroes, Spycraft 2.0, Twilight 2000, It Came from the Late Late Show and more. I'm a little intrigued by Dungeon Crawl Classics, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Two years ago my brother asked me to introduce his kids to role playing games. I found Basic Fantasy and thought it would be a good introduction for them so I downloaded the game. It had the shine of BECMI that I started with and some additional options. Just yesterday I purchased the print book from Amazon.
TardisCaptain's Blog of Holding. http://tardiscaptain.com
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Great story and great username Carl!!
Welcome to the BFRPG forums, pretty sure (since you already dig the game) you'll like it here.
Be well,
--Ron--
teaman

Post by teaman »

TardisCaptain wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57 pm Greetings, my name is Carl. I started with BECMI back in the early 80's. I preferred it over AD&D 1e. Didn't get much into 2e. Just finished a 3.5 campaign earlier this year. Wasn't impressed with 4e and I haven't really sat down to play 5e yet.

I've also played FASA Star Trek RPG and loved it. Played some Decipher Star Trek. I haven't had a chance to try the Modipeus Star Trek Adventures. Loved playing D6 Star Wars from WEG. Did some short stints with GURPS, Marvel Superheroes, Spycraft 2.0, Twilight 2000, It Came from the Late Late Show and more. I'm a little intrigued by Dungeon Crawl Classics, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Two years ago my brother asked me to introduce his kids to role playing games. I found Basic Fantasy and thought it would be a good introduction for them so I downloaded the game. It had the shine of BECMI that I started with and some additional options. Just yesterday I purchased the print book from Amazon.
You had me at FASA Star Trek! Welcome aboard.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
StoveMaster

Post by StoveMaster »

Hello everyone!

I'm Dave from the UK. Have been playing role-playing games on and off since I was about 8, going through pen and paper to table top wargaming and back.

I love reading up on new systems, and me and my friends have decided to start our D&D campaign back up, which led me to Amazon to look for some books, when I found Basic Fantasy. I brought the book, and now I think I'll be using these rules to DM for our upcoming games.

Can't wait to get involved with the community!
teaman

Post by teaman »

StoveMaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:43 am Hello everyone!

I'm Dave from the UK. Have been playing role-playing games on and off since I was about 8, going through pen and paper to table top wargaming and back.

I love reading up on new systems, and me and my friends have decided to start our D&D campaign back up, which led me to Amazon to look for some books, when I found Basic Fantasy. I brought the book, and now I think I'll be using these rules to DM for our upcoming games.

Can't wait to get involved with the community!
Welcome StoveMaster. Is that a cooking or coal stove? My grandfather had the best little coal stove in his woodshop.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Dave!
A_True_Believer

Post by A_True_Believer »

Hello everyone. Happy to join the BFRPG community. I'm taking a break from Savage Worlds and trying something old, but new. :) I'll be breaking in a few new TTRPG folks as well as running a Homebrew World utilizing this great BFRPG system. Happy New year!
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome ATB!
Be well!!
Galuf1024

Post by Galuf1024 »

Hi all,
I'm Josh I already reached out on the Facebook group, but I was playing RPG's for years. I started with console RPG's on the NES, then found TTRPG's in the mid to late 90's I would say 97-99 I can't remember for sure, but I started with AD&D 2e -> 3e -> Shadorun 2e -> 3.5e _> one game of 4e finding it wasn't my game -> Pathfinder. I haven't played any tabletop RPG's in at least 10 years. Life got in the way, but my kids are now at the age where I think they will enjoy them, and I finally got my wife's blessing, so we will start Morgansfort on Monday. I'm really looking forward to using this system. It feels like it's really the game for me.