Burger Babylon Drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
burgerbabylon

Re: Burger Babylon Drawings

Post by burgerbabylon »

teaman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am I agree on the GREAT part. Also, how are you doing your shading? Graphite with some stumping?

Just curious and hoping to talk shop.
Thank you. It's digital actually just using a pencil preset in krita, keeping it small and varying the transparency to simulate harder and softer lead. I've gone back and forth allot between that and the kneaded eraser and it starts to feel and look like the real thing. Really impressed with the program especially since it's free. So far I kinda build up my tones in layers the same way I would with pencils.

What do you do your illustrations with?
Solomoriah wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am It's great, definitely going in the next release!
Awesome! Glad you like it. I might redo that shield yet. Don't let me hold up the release though, if you like it as is and want to put it in go for it. :D
teaman

Post by teaman »

burgerbabylon wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:40 pm
teaman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am I agree on the GREAT part. Also, how are you doing your shading? Graphite with some stumping?

Just curious and hoping to talk shop.
Thank you. It's digital actually just using a pencil preset in krita, keeping it small and varying the transparency to simulate harder and softer lead. I've gone back and forth allot between that and the kneaded eraser and it starts to feel and look like the real thing. Really impressed with the program especially since it's free. So far I kinda build up my tones in layers the same way I would with pencils.

What do you do your illustrations with?
Solomoriah wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am It's great, definitely going in the next release!
Awesome! Glad you like it. I might redo that shield yet. Don't let me hold up the release though, if you like it as is and want to put it in go for it. :D
Thanks Burgerbabylon for the shoptalk. I used to have Krita on my old machine, but haven't reinstalled it yet. I do most of my stuff analog and then scan it and adjust or added a little tone in paint.net. I do some stumping, some hatching shading, some ink wash (though I use black watercolor for tone, it's easier to work with).

Yes, I'm a dinosaur.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

teaman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm Thanks Burgerbabylon for the shoptalk. I used to have Krita on my old machine, but haven't reinstalled it yet. I do most of my stuff analog and then scan it and adjust or added a little tone in paint.net. I do some stumping, some hatching shading, some ink wash (though I use black watercolor for tone, it's easier to work with).

Yes, I'm a dinosaur.
That's really cool. I never could do multimedia. Pencil and charcoal has been it. As soon as I try something else it looks like I tried to paint with a hand granade.

Digital is pretty new for me. Don't even know what half of the tools in krita do. Before this it was all traditional media. I bought a tablet years ago and it collected dust until I finally broke it out out of boredom. It's nice being able to make adjustments mid drawing, lay in shapes and straight lines I can't do freehand, and not having to clean up anything after. I've turned to the darkside and become a total cheater. :twisted:
teaman

Post by teaman »

burgerbabylon wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:49 pm
teaman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm Thanks Burgerbabylon for the shoptalk. I used to have Krita on my old machine, but haven't reinstalled it yet. I do most of my stuff analog and then scan it and adjust or added a little tone in paint.net. I do some stumping, some hatching shading, some ink wash (though I use black watercolor for tone, it's easier to work with).

Yes, I'm a dinosaur.
That's really cool. I never could do multimedia. Pencil and charcoal has been it. As soon as I try something else it looks like I tried to paint with a hand granade.

Digital is pretty new for me. Don't even know what half of the tools in krita do. Before this it was all traditional media. I bought a tablet years ago and it collected dust until I finally broke it out out of boredom. It's nice being able to make adjustments mid drawing, lay in shapes and straight lines I can't do freehand, and not having to clean up anything after. I've turned to the darkside and become a total cheater. :twisted:
Nah, it's not cheating. Just a different medium that you do VERY well. Keep at it, man.

burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

Dufflepud update
dufflepud.png
dufflepud.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 5186 times
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

orc.png
orc.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4978 times
blackwidowcat.png
blackwidowcat.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4978 times
teaman

Post by teaman »

burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:37 am orc.pngblackwidowcat.png
Great artwork! Deserves a home almost anywhere in BFRPG!

burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

teaman wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:55 pm
burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:37 am orc.pngblackwidowcat.png
Great artwork! Deserves a home almost anywhere in BFRPG!
Thanks man. Didn't realize I hadn't put anything here since November. I gotta learn to draw faster. :lol:
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

cleric.png
cleric.png (3.68 MiB) Viewed 4933 times
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

"You should have Turned when I compelled you!!!"
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.