Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide 3

Post by chiisu81 »

*Note to myself, add Animated Armor (Horror Within – Room 21), Flashbags and Awful Offal (Three Days of Peace and Music) from CS2 The Dark Temple*
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Catspider

Armor Class: 13
Hit Dice: 1d3 HP*
No. of Attacks: 1 bite/4 claws
Damage: 1d4/1d2/1d2/1d2/1d2 all + poison
Movement: 50'
No. Appearing: 1
Save As: Fighter: 1
Morale: 8
Treasure Type: None
XP: 13

A catspider is a scary creature that looks like a cat, except that it has eight legs. The catspider also has fangs, but the fangs retract into the mouth so the face looks like a normal cat. If someone doesn’t notice the extra legs and tries to pet the “cat”, it will attack with a bite and use its first four feet to scratch. The bad thing is that the claws on these paws are also poisonous doing 1d3 damage/round for 3 rounds. These creatures are a foot tall and a foot long. Catspiders especially like to lurk behind drapes and furniture and will suddenly jump out to attack.

---

This is based off a picture that I posted on the Basic Fantasy RPG group on Facebook, check it out.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm not seeing the image on there. Can you add it to your post (if it's an image you drew and were intending it to be included)?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 3

Post by Solomoriah »

It's a meme, actually, so he doesn't have rights to it, but sharing it might be good so an artist can come along and draw it properly.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
teaman

Post by teaman »

monachians.png
monachians.png (969.89 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
Monachians

Armor Class: 14
Hit Dice: 4
No. of Attacks: 1 weapon + gaze or spell
Damage: 1d8 + paralysis or spell
Movement: 40’
No. Appearing: 1d4
Save As: Magic User 4
Morale: 9
Treasure Type: U
XP: 320

Monachians are intelligent bird-men who most closely resemble vultures. They have evolved a roughly humanoid frame with claw-like hands and feet. However, they no longer possess the ability to fly.

Monachians live in enclaves far from civilization. Their society revolves around magical and alchemical research. One day they hope to conquer and enslave the other races using advanced weapons of war. Those encountered by adventuring parties are generally Magic-Users seeking powerful magical items or hidden knowledge.

In combat, monachians use large swords and their gaze attack. They may choose one opponent to lock eyes with. The opponent must make a save versus Paralysis or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds. The gaze effect is ineffective against monachians, even if reflected by a mirror or shiny surface. If they choose to cast a spell, they may not use their gaze attack that round. A suggested daily spell list includes: Magic Missile, Light, Invisibility and Web.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here is the meme the Catspider came from, it was on the Horror Fans FB page. Maybe one of our fantastic artist can come up with what is behind the drapes. I'm thinking a spider type body with the same pattern of the cat fur and a cat's tail on that. Also another set of legs pointing to the back.
Attachments
Catspider image from Horror Fans FB Page.jpg
Catspider image from Horror Fans FB Page.jpg (106.15 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

AlMan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:32 pm Here is the meme the Catspider came from, it was on the Horror Fans FB page. Maybe one of our fantastic artist can come up with what is behind the drapes. I'm thinking a spider type body with the same pattern of the cat fur and a cat's tail on that. Also another set of legs pointing to the back.
Should have a drawing of this hideous cuddly demon from the adorable depths of unimaginable terror posted for your consideration today or tomorrow. Almost done.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks 8-) Once we get that, along with Solo's updated Tigersquid entry and ok's Teaman's image, I'll work on the next release.
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

catspider.png
catspider.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4371 times
How's this?
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

That's as scary as I thought it would be. Could you put a tail on it and I think it would be finished. :D

I could see this being a Drider's pet.