NPC's

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: NPC's

Post by Solomoriah »

One question... why do we have alignments on these NPCs?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Zanobious

Post by Zanobious »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm One question... why do we have alignments on these NPCs?
More to give a general idea of values than anything else.
Take heart! NO not that one, thats the dwarves! Its a figure of speech!
Zanobious

Post by Zanobious »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm One question... why do we have alignments on these NPCs?
Morals, values etc. If you would prefer no alignments i can leave them out from now on.
Zanobious

Post by Zanobious »

After reviewing the core rules i see there are no alignments. I apologize. My grasp of BFRPG is still growing.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Zanobious wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:19 pm
After reviewing the core rules i see there are no alignments. I apologize. My grasp of BFRPG is still growing.
It is all good. It really is one of the more liberating omissions. NPCs have biases, inclinations, and such... but have more flexibility to react on those perceptions. Much more interesting when an otherwise "good guy" does something almost despicable because it conflicts with his personal inclinations.

IE - the good king that learns of plot against him, takes the proactive step to 'remove' a rival.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Zanobious

Post by Zanobious »

SmootRK wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 pm
Zanobious wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:19 pm
It is all good. It really is one of the more liberating omissions. NPCs have biases, inclinations, and such... but have more flexibility to react on those perceptions. Much more interesting when an otherwise "good guy" does something almost despicable because it conflicts with his personal inclinations.

IE - the good king that learns of plot against him, takes the proactive step to 'remove' a rival.
On that point i agree. Absolutly.