Prelude

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

dymondy2k

Re: Prelude

Post by dymondy2k »

As Davros approached the keep, his mouth could not help but open in pure wonder. 'I know for sure I'll find adventure here!' he thought to himself as he approached the front gate. The guard shouting at him brought him out of his reverie. He grinned up at the surly fellow and tipped his slightly dented helm at him.

"Good day my fine friend! I'm searching for Adventure and I'm betting this place will be the place to find it! Can you point me in the right direction?"

Davros waited expectantly for the guard to answer him. He couldn't really understand why the guard just stood there for a few moments with his mouth open, saying nothing.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

At the gate...
"Adventure?" Both guards look at each other, and began to whisper. After a few moments, they respond "Well, if that's what you're looking for, you probably won't find it here. It's pretty quiet here... wait... oh! I got an idea. Why don't you head over to the tavern, right across from here? Go there and tell the bartender that Richard sent you. He'll have something for you to do." The guards then let the man and the halfling pass by, giving them a very suspicious look as they pass. A few minutes later, two more people approach the gate. "That's a new record..." mumbles one of the guards. The two approach the gate from different directions. One appears to be a halfling, with brown hair, and blue eyes, dressed in chainmall, wielding a hammer, and looking for something. The other is a man, almost armed to the teeth, dressed in leather. The guards step in front of the gate and yell "Halt! Identify yourselves."

At the tavern...
Pero recalls that Peram Helsith IV is one of the line of Helsith, descendants of Hisidur, an ancient folk who, even during their toddler years, could cast magic as do wizards. He's proven himself as a battlemage who has fought in countless battles, combining sword and spell in a deadly fashion. At the age of 41, he decided to retire, and to claim his own piece of the land. After taking it back from bandits, he decided to claim Morgansfort as his own. For twenty years, Morgansfort has been nothing more than a small town, with a small garrison to protect it. In his old age of 61, he has been widely known as one of the fairest lords in all of the land. His taxes are light, his people have plenty gold in their pockets, and still manages to come down to the tavern and swap stories with the locals.

The man takes a sip of his beer and responds "Aye, not much but drink and get fat." He scans the tavern and says "Don't mind the locals. You see, ten years ago, t'was not uncommon to see adventurers in these parts. Nowadays, we never see 'em anymore. Makes the locals a bit jumpy when people come here armed with weapons and all. Most of the people livin' here are descendants of the slaves that the bandits used to keep 'round here. They'll get over it 'soon as they get a bit drunk. Anyway, how long might you be staying?"

A few moments later, two people walk in. Pero and Keiler notice the two. One is a man, dressed in leather, and one is a halfling, dressed in chainmall. As they walk in, the serving wench brings out the orders of the two, serves them, and lays six silvers on the table. "L-let me know if you need anything else." She then notices the two who just walked in, and says "W-what I’ll it b-be?"
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan strides purposefully up to the guards, obviously agitated and distraught, and begins pummeling them with questions. "Have you seen a halfling come through here recently? How long ago? Did he say where he was going? Is he still in town?"

Suddenly the flabbergasted look on the guards face finally registers and with a visible effort Galan takes a deep breath and begins again. "My humblest apologies. I am Galan Slyleaf of the Church of St. Stephen. I am looking for one of our members who has disappeared. I have been searching for days but so far have naught to show for my efforts. He is a halfling and although his head can be thicker than the head of my warhammer, he is a good lad and we are all praying for his safe return. By chance have you any information that might help me in my search?"

OOC: I am actually wearing chainmail. I had updated after the confusion with figuring out the weight of halfling armor.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

(Tavern)
Keiler glances at the newcomers, and gives them a nod.
With the arrival of food and drink, Keiler rubs his hands together in anticipation. "Ho ho... warm mutton... Ah, how long? You'll have to ask this lanky fellow next to me. He's in charge of our little expedition." Keiler lifts his mug "To your health, sir." and takes a long pull.
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros makes the stroll over from the front gate to the tavern muttering ''Tell the bartender Richard sent you.. tell the bartender Richard sent you... Tell the bartender Richard sent you'

He walks into the tavern and is still blinking out the change from outside to inside light when the barmaid comes over to him and asks him what he will have..

TELL RICHARD THE BARTENDER SENT ME!!!!!

Wait.. that didn't come out quite right...
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Husk

Post by Husk »

At the Tavern

Pero looks up out of a thoughtful trance once the serving wench returned with the food. When she places his change on the table he scoops up five of the silver coins, leaving one for her. He listened as the man spoke and once he finished, Pero began himself.

"We will be staying as long as Morgasfort can meet our needs I suppose. Our most recent venture has left us rather light on coin I fear, and I doubt you have need of any beggars in town, so we are presently regrouping and hoping to generate some revenue."

Pero is stopped by a rather cheery voice looking for the Richard. He looks up and blinks before finishing his thought.

"You had mentioned there was once many adventures out this way. May I ask why that was and why it is no more? And do you know if Lord Helsith is about?"
crabus

Post by crabus »

So Neville enter in the tavern too.
He trie to find a free table in order to eat and drink something.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

lucky64 wrote:At the gate...
... The two approach the gate from different directions. One appears to be a halfling, with brown hair, and blue eyes, dressed in leather, wielding a hammer, and looking for something. The other is a man, almost armed to the teeth, dressed in leather. The guards step in front of the gate and yell "Halt! Identify yourselves."
Thaddeus looks up at the guards' challenge and stops some yards away, waiting his turn. He shifts the shield on his back, watches a bit bemused at the halfling's answer, and waits for the guards' answer.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keiler almost does a spit-take at Davros' outburst, leaving a splash of light foam on his nose. He glances at the two new arrivals. The Halfling's open face and puzzlement are amusing, but the second, quieter human strikes a chord. He has the quiet way of these locals, but doesn't look the part. He looks like the type of person to keep an eye on around caravan goods.

He watches the two and quietly drinks while Pero and the friendly local chat.
Go with a smile!
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

At the gate...
The guards take a few moments to comprehend the halfling, and then say "A halfling? Yeah, we saw one not too long ago. He went into the tavern, right across from here. I think he's still in there." The guards then step by, and say "Let us know if there's any trouble." As the halfling passes, the guards notice the man and yell out "And who're you?"

At the tavern...
All the locals jump at loud noise that was Darvo's voice. A few moments later, the serving wench passes out at the loud noise. The bartender then went from behind the counter, and picked up the wench. He looks rather old, with a bald spot. "Oy, keep that damn noise down! Some of us are trying to take orders 'round here!" He then dissappears into the back, and reeappears. He then yells out "If anyone wants something to eat, or drink, come to the front counter! And you there, halfling, come here!" The halfling went to the front, and then the bartender said "Oy, Richard sent you, eh? Well, you must be looking for some adventure. Well, I got something for you to do, if you have the stones, that is. You see... eh?" The bartender shifts his eyes to the halfling that just walked in.

Neville finds an empty table, and sits down. (This table happens to be right next to Pero, Keiler, and the friendly local) As he sits down, he can hear the converstion next to him. "Now that's something you don't see everyday." says the local. "Anyway, Lord Helsith should be 'round here soon. He usually comes to drink at this time." He takes a drink of his beer, and says "There used to always be some cave to explore, or dungeons to loot 'round here, but since they started turning them into vaults, and renting them out to the rich, not many adventures come by. Even when they started that, there would still be an adventurer or two. Nowadays, if you listen to the rumors, it seems like an adventurer dies almost everyday. And it all sounds fishy. This adventurer, they say he died of an illness. He had only been to a cave once. He got posioned, but he had a cure with him. The priest said he was fine. Then, the next morning, he died. Something's going on 'round here. Might want to watch yer step. Hmm... I was going to tell you something... oh yeah. If you're looking for work, ask the bartender. He's been looking for some adventurers for a few days now... something 'bout a kidnapping... uh... what were your names? Did I ask?
You may call me Gabriel."
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer