Out of character chat (OCC)

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Blazeguard

Re: Out of character chat (OCC)

Post by Blazeguard »

lucky64 wrote:May we assume that the halflings are traveling in a pair? Or are they at the church?
We have worked out a bit of a back story where dymond's character is a bit of a simpleton (due to his low INT) and after hearing stories from adventurers stopping at the temple decided to run off and find his own adventure whereupon I was sent out to look for him and bring him back. Morgansfort would be the perfect place for me to finally catch up/find him.

You can take that and run with it as you see fit. (unless dymond has something to add)
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

wuh? <--getting into character

Actually that's great.. so I should come in first with him behind me later, looking for me.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Question for lucky64:

When I was coming up with my character, I thought he'd probably be a younger son of a local yeoman farmer. So, he'd probably know the area a bit and have been to Morgansfort before. Is that OK, or should he be from another area? Either way is cool with me.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

@blazeguard & dymondy2k: That's great.
@Sir Bedivere: Sure thing. Got a first name for him?
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

lucky64 wrote:@Sir Bedivere: Sure thing. Got a first name for him?
Thaddeus. (I was trying to think of a name a yeoman farmer gives a son ...) The family name is Karlton. Some folks around might know his father, Ewan Karlton.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Thanks for getting back so quick. I almost finish posting. Anyway, what business might he have in Morgansfort today?
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

As one of the younger sons of a big family, Thaddeus doesn't stand to inherit much if any of the family farm. Without any training in a craft, his other career prospects are fairly dim. As part of a yeoman family, however, Thaddeus is a free man and has trained with and served in the local militia for the last couple of years. He's liked the fighting drills and (as much as a militia member sees of it) has enjoyed the military life.

More to the point, last night he and his old man got into a big fight, so before the sun came up he started packing his few possessions. "I'm 17 now!" He whispered fiercely to himself as he packed. "And I'm the best man with a sword, spear or bow in the whole militia! It'd be a right shame for a man like me to spend his life staring at the back end of a mule, pulling stumps and turning dirt, getting old and worthless." Then he suited up in his second-hand armor and snuck out of the house to find his own way in the world.

Morgansfort is the biggest town around, so he's headed there hoping to pick up some information on where a fighting man needs to go to make his fortune in the world.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Thanks for the info. Anyone else got some backstory?
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I think the immediate history is already set up, but I'll dig a bit deeper:

Keiler, son of Tobur is a middling son of a minor House, and as such was not set for great fame. He is somewhat disinclined towards craftwork, but does have a natural talent for conflict - A decent arm with an axe (Stoutaxe is a deed-name), and while he is rather open and personable (for a Dwarf), he can easily become argumentative.

He also has a trait almost unheard of among Dwarves: Wanderlust. He enjoys travel. As soon as he was able, he started working with the trade caravans, quickly moving up to guard as it better utilized his tendency to butt heads. Having spent a few years on the main routes, he was growing bored with the familiar stops. Then Pero's came along with his so-called map and an offer of adventure. He sent a message back to his father, and set out to seek his fortune.
Go with a smile!
Husk

Post by Husk »

I'll have something up later tonight, just got home and I'm off for my last day of work