Western lands

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
jobend

Western lands

Post by jobend »

Quick question;
In the download section I find a map of the western lands. Is there other maps? Is there any eastern lands? A complete world map?

Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Western lands

Post by Solomoriah »

Nope. The Western Lands are a sketch of a campaign world, with just enough going on that the GM can run with it, but not so much that you have to take a social studies course to run it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Olgabelle

Post by Olgabelle »

In my (limited, I admit) experience, these "partial" settings are actually more useful than full global worlds. Although I use the D&D Mystara setting, I ignore the whole world maps and just use the campaign map from the Isle of Dread adventure. Then, if I want to use parts of Western Lands, or Wilderlands, or Greyhawk, I can just have the pcs travel off the Mystara map and unlock a whole new setting area.

I just think that a whole world is going to end up with lots of space you never use, or even parts that one annoying player 😛 will want to visit that you and the rest of the group arent interested in. Building the world from blocks of different settings is a more productive way, to me.
jobend

Post by jobend »

Good point Olgabelle. :D
Mr Dark

Post by Mr Dark »

jobend wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 pm Quick question;
In the download section I find a map of the western lands. Is there other maps? Is there any eastern lands? A complete world map?

Thanks!
I have been over the page twice and can't seem to find the map.... :?
Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Mr Dark wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:39 am I have been over the page twice and can't seem to find the map.... :?
Its on the "BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign", "BF1-Western-Lands-Hex-Map-r1.pdf" and "BF1-Western-Lands-Hex-Map-r1.jpg"
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Mr Dark

Post by Mr Dark »

Dimirag wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Mr Dark wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:39 am I have been over the page twice and can't seem to find the map.... :?
Its on the "BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign", "BF1-Western-Lands-Hex-Map-r1.pdf" and "BF1-Western-Lands-Hex-Map-r1.jpg"
Ahh thanks!
jobend

Post by jobend »

So I'm preparing to DM BF1 Morgansfort over Roll20.
Sadly the Olde fortress maps from the pdf does'nt rezise well. So I made new ones in InkScape.

If you plan to PLAY this scenario, don't look at the maps :lol:

Edit note:
Removed maps.

cheers!
Last edited by jobend on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Dark

Post by Mr Dark »

Those are nice maps! Oh and since I didn't think a new thread was needed and it is slightly related; anyone know where I can find more info on the Dragonclaw barony?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Mr Dark wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 pm Those are nice maps! Oh and since I didn't think a new thread was needed and it is slightly related; anyone know where I can find more info on the Dragonclaw barony?
This is still up so there is some info you can mine from: https://dragonclaw-barony.obsidianportal.com/