Another character sheet

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
onearmspence

Re: Another character sheet

Post by onearmspence »

Now I'm thinking if I should remove the Turn Undead section as I just realized in BFRPG this info is for the GM and not for the players.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I like your dragon! 8-)
onearmspence wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:40 am Now I'm thinking if I should remove the Turn Undead section as I just realized in BFRPG this info is for the GM and not for the players.
It's not on the standard sheet, but I imagine many put it under the "abilities/spells" section that most sheets have. That way it's up to each GM/group to decide. For your sheet, I'll leave it up to you, but if you remove it will you be easily able to re-arrange things?
onearmspence

Post by onearmspence »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:12 am It's not on the standard sheet, but I imagine many put it under the "abilities/spells" section that most sheets have. That way it's up to each GM/group to decide. For your sheet, I'll leave it up to you, but if you remove it will you be easily able to re-arrange things?
There's this little change in the rules from B/X to BFRPG "The player rolls 1d20 and tells the GM the result. Note that the player should always roll, even if the GM knows the character can't succeed (or can't fail), as telling the player whether or not to roll may reveal too much." This is different from B/X which doesnt specify that this info for the DM only.

I already added Alignments, so I'm already making a character sheet that include some house rules. But I havent thought about hidden succed chance for turning undead... maybe it's a nice rule, it looks more like the act of faith you should expect from a cleric, and its not so different from a warrior attacking a Gargoyle only to realize that his mundane weapons are useless. In the other hand I got the impression that this may feel unfair... but maybe I have to play it by the rule to see what happens.

This is how it looks without the Turn Undead chart.
Attachments
BFRPGCharactersheet(Without Turn Undead).pdf
(99.89 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

(Solo will correct me if I'm wrong) just FYI any sheets that incorporate house rules will remain in the Workshop sub-forum and won't be put on the Downloads page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You are not wrong, Chi. House rules are welcome in the Workshop but just can't go on the Downloads page. However, character sheets that include any details from any of the supplements on the Downloads page would be welcome in the Showcase.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
MAXLEFOU

Post by MAXLEFOU »

Wow! This is great, the sheets are awesome and well presented. Thanks for this.
"The first rule of war is to do what you ask your men to do, no more, no less."
teaman

Post by teaman »

onearmspence wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:40 am Now I'm thinking if I should remove the Turn Undead section as I just realized in BFRPG this info is for the GM and not for the players.
I always include it in my sheets for clerics. However, during play, I don't tell them "Oh, this is a wraith." Sure, they can figure some of them out, but not always.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games