PCMatic / MapMatic +2 Help

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Gffclarke

PCMatic / MapMatic +2 Help

Post by Gffclarke »

I'm fairly new to Basic Fantasy, and can't seem to get into PCMatic or MapMatic+2. I try to create an account, it tells me it's sending me a confirmation email and... Nothing...

Yes, i've checked spam and filters. Just no email comes...

Any thoughts or advice?
chiisu81

Re: PCMatic / MapMatic +2 Help

Post by chiisu81 »

I don't ever remember creating a sep. account for those, I just use my forum account. At least I don't have an entry for a sep. account in my Keepass.

Solo will verify once he sees this thread.
Gffclarke

Post by Gffclarke »

I get a user not activated message. Tried that :P
jobend

Post by jobend »

Same for me.

But I tried to register for mapmatic before I got a forum account.
Lhorgrim

Post by Lhorgrim »

I just tried today and did did not get an email. I tried using my forum login and got a "no account with that username" message and when I tried creating an account I didn't get an activation email. Tried logging in after that and got the "user not activated" message.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Crap. Okay, here's the deal... MapMatic +2 is hosted on my web server on Linode. Some ISPs do not trust email from Linode addresses, so they don't deliver them. Right now, the code for sending mail uses the server's local /usr/bin/sendmail command to send the mail... I'll have to revise it to use GMail, the same way I revised the mailings from the forum, to fix the issue.

I am sorry to everyone inconvenienced by this. I will try to get it working soon.

If one of you trying to set up an account would be willing to help, please PM me. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Gffclarke, Lhorgrim, I've activated your accounts manually. If you created more than one, use the first one you created; I've removed the others.

jobend, I can't figure out which account is yours. Please PM me the account name you tried to use, and I'll fix you up.

There are 380 still-unactivated accounts... anyone who has tried to create an account and failed should post here and let me know what your username was, and I'll activate you. In a week or so, I'll scrub all the accounts that are still not activated, and anyone who wants to try can start again.

Oh, and I think the email issue is fixed. Flowing through GMail now. Easier than I remembered.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Gffclarke

Post by Gffclarke »

Thanks for the fix! I can successfully login to both PCMatic and MapMatic+2 now. However I did find another issue: In MapMatic+2 I'm unable to view any of the public maps. When I click on them I get a "Not Found The requested URL/XXX was not found on this server." Where XXX is the number assigned to each map. I'm guessing a permissions issue maybe?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Clicking the name doesn't work, but clicking the far-right icon will bring it up.
Gffclarke

Post by Gffclarke »

Totally just a me thing :P Glad to hear!

Next time maybe i'll look at the ENTIRE page first...