[AA3] Unbaronable Circumstances

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Gilliadson

[AA3] Unbaronable Circumstances

Post by Gilliadson »

New adventure my group is running through. Attached is the current cover for it.

My test group consists of:
Bruce Leroy, Martial Artist, Human, lvl 2
Avery, Ranger, Half-Elf, lvl 2
Ryul, Fighter/Magic-User, Elf, lvl 2
Erdessa, Thief, Halfling, lvl 2
Linus, Cleric, Halfling, lvl 2
Horatio, Cleric, Human, lvl 2

5 redshirts lvl 1

Edit: this is now in AA3
Attachments
Unbaronable Circumstances.jpg
Unbaronable Circumstances.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 6644 times
Last edited by Gilliadson on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:44 am, edited 14 times in total.
Gilliadson

Re: Looking for a title

Post by Gilliadson »

The Adventure is now fully integrated into the style guide's format and is attached to the original post. Only PF there right now... my maps keep moving around whenever I make changes on the ODT that changes the pages any. If you want it in ODT as well let me know.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Share the ODT, and Chi or I will fix your flow issues.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

It's up now. Let me know what I was doing wrong.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Actually it looks "correct" in my LibreOffice. I did notice on the map pages that the header doesn't say "Maps" at the top, and that it's set for 2-column text. If you use the adventure template, it already has the correct maps section w/ the named headers as well as single-column layout for that section.

For your existing document, what you'd need to do is create a new page style, and then insert a manual break at the end of your adventure text. You do a manual break, instead of the automatic page break, b/c this will bring up a small window that will let you choose the page break ALONG with a new page style to apply to the new next page.

This is essentially how the template was created, with just several page style pre-setup first.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Did up a cover page with a title my cousin suggested. I'll see what I can do with the ODT then... and get that straightened out. Uploaded R2 hopefully fixed the issues and caught something else that needed a fix.
Last edited by Gilliadson on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilliadson

Re: Unbaronable Circumstances

Post by Gilliadson »

Uploaded R4. Changed the Wandering monster frequency inside the lair. Seemed a little too often. Will be trying out the new frequency next week. Also added a little more content to supply a plot hook for another adventure and a motive for the attack on the new Baron's coach.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looking nice so far. Here's r5; corrected a few small things, and I updated some of the statblocks (namely adding "ea." where needed), but most need to be edited to take out the colons, as they aren't used in the BFRPG format.
Attachments
PC1-Unbaronable-Circumstances-r5.odt
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
PC1-Unbaronable-Circumstances-r5.pdf
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 353 times
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

R6 is up with the colons removed and found a typo that is now fixed. Added some more material.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

The game is currently being playtested the 2nd time now with a new group. First group no-showed this week and a new group showed up so we started over from the beginning with the R6 version. This second group took the same path through the caverns as the first group but bypassed the cavern to the north in the middle of areas 14 and 15. They did manage to clear out the northeast two areas before we called it a night. Neither group assisted with the burial of the dead guards so lost the advantage of having the Baron accompany them on the mission as well as the bonus XP for it. While one of the characters in the first group climbed the rope in area 2 to check out 2a the 2nd group passed it up thinking it led to a whole new level.

Game is happening here:
https://app.roll20.net/join/1419707/wx7J4A

New Group consists of:
Sheri lvl 2 Scout Halfling
Axl lvl 2 Magic User Human
Bruce lvl 2 Martial Artist Human (Taken over by new Player)
Leiknir lvl 2 Fighter Human
Avery lvl 2 Ranger Half-Elf (Taken over by new Player)
Linus lvl 2 Cleric Halfling (NPC)
Horatio lvl 2 Cleric Human (NPC)

5 Redshirts Lvl 1