[LFP] Kerker: An open-table monthly game

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
orobouros

[LFP] Kerker: An open-table monthly game

Post by orobouros »

Are you interested in dropping in for a Basic Fantasy RPG game on Roll20? You've found the right post! I run a monthly open-table game, so you can drop by as your schedule allows. You can either pre-roll a character or have me give you a pre-generated character. Games are usually Thursday evenings around 7 pm Eastern.

https://app.roll20.net/join/3332256/CRLJPg

From the roll20 listing:
This is a campaign game with emphasis on combat, tactics, and dungeon diving, though role-playing and outdoors exploration are part of every session. Sessions are part of a larger, ongoing plot but work as mostly self-contained adventures. Player characters will have multiple options on how to proceed and what to explore even though this isn't necessarily a sandbox campaign. Sessions typically run around two to three hours. Voice chat (discord) or text chat (roll20) are both options and will be used depending on preferences of the players.

The setting has started out as typical fantasy on the broad scale but will evolve with the plot and the interest of the players. Characters currently start out in a small village and deal with various monsters and problems in the surrounding area. Certain village characters can lend their hand in or present an obstacle. Discovering the history of the local area is a key driving factor for the adventurers. The land is peaceful for now, though conflict between the free states and an Island Empire to the west is brewing. Monsters tend to avoid peaceful settlements but their presence is growing.
Any official supplements will be allowed at the GM's discretion, listed together with a few limited house rules. Players of all skill levels, experience, and age are welcome.

We'll probably get around to the Olde Island Fortress after a while..
Last edited by orobouros on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orobouros

Re: [LFP] Kerker: An open-table monthly game

Post by orobouros »

At the risk of inappropriately necrobumping, I'm just putting up a reminder that I'll have a game starting this week!
cbarchuk

Post by cbarchuk »

Hey man, is the time and day of the game going to always be the same?
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

It depends. I have a schedule that gives me certain Fridays off, so a Thursday evening game makes a lot of sense. Overall the game scheduling is geared towards working adults who can't realistically commit to a weekly event, hence monthly and open-table. The plan is generally to run the game on the 2nd-ish Thursday of the month; however, we may change the session date and time to accommodate the more regular players.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Admins, please let me know if a charisma check versus annoyance is required to necrobump. I figure it's better than creating new topics.

But I wanted to advertise my Basic Fantasy RPG Open Table game again! I'll be editing the first post with more up-to-date info.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As long as you keep the announcements down to just this thread, I see no reason to complain.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

I could be interested. I only ever get to DM and never get to play that much (and when I do it's usually 5E... which is a great game, too, but I do want to play some old school).

Let me know if this is still going and if you need anything from me. I'll be going to Pax Unplugged this Thurs, so I won't be available until next week (12/6) at the earliest.

I know my way around roll20 and discord and I'm familiar with BFRPG rules.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

I love playing 5e. But I'd never DM it. This is a quasi-monthly game and our next session is going to be Dec 6th. You're more than welcome to join us! It's open-table style so there's no pressure to show up regularly, other than the obvious bonus of getting more playtime, more of the plot, more of the treasure, and more of the XP. Now's actually a really good time to join since we finished the first phase, which was a lot of warm up.
michaelh

Post by michaelh »

orobouros wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm I love playing 5e. But I'd never DM it. This is a quasi-monthly game and our next session is going to be Dec 6th. You're more than welcome to join us! It's open-table style so there's no pressure to show up regularly, other than the obvious bonus of getting more playtime, more of the plot, more of the treasure, and more of the XP. Now's actually a really good time to join since we finished the first phase, which was a lot of warm up.
I created a character on the roll20 interface. Is there a sign up sheet for play for tomorrow? Please review my character either way, I rolled up a basic human fighter (I assume you can see my rolls in the chat history, if not I have a screenshot).

Balgraer Cliffsworn seeks adventure, riches, and a glorious death!

Also, do you use discord or google chat? Video or audio?
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

I do have a discord for the game. Links are posted in the chat room there to cut down on unwanted visitors.