AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
borgar

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by borgar »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 pm There's a "ramp" symbol you could use for a slope.
I found that, but the original indicates slight ramping covering 4 squares so that doesn't fit too well either. Adding the ramp symbol to all 4 squares sort of makes it look very steep.

The text for room 12 description combined with the isometric maps should illustrate this well enough.

BTW, I assume you have generally avoided adding "muliti square" symbols as much as possible in MapMatic since you could quickly end up with huge number of symbol variants.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

borgar wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:52 am
Solomoriah wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 pm There's a "ramp" symbol you could use for a slope.
I found that, but the original indicates slight ramping covering 4 squares so that doesn't fit too well either. Adding the ramp symbol to all 4 squares sort of makes it look very steep.
It may not be any "worse" than using stairs symbols; if y'all prefer to use the ramp symbols instead of the stairs I'll swap those out.
borgar wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:52 am BTW, I assume you have generally avoided adding "muliti square" symbols as much as possible in MapMatic since you could quickly end up with huge number of symbol variants.
I meant to mention, there's some symbols, etc. that I'll have to put in post-png because they're in the middle of squares, etc.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Mulling it over I'd rather leave it with the stairs, as that's what it is, rather than a long ramp. For map 4 I'll have to put in the large pit post-png. I presumably will have to do the same for the narrow passages for maps 1&4, unless I'm missing a way to do it in MM+2?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sometimes dropping fade blocks on top of dungeon details makes them less harsh. I'd try it with the ramps.

Here's an example:

The upper row is:

ramp fadefill wall.r wall.rrr
ramp fadefill fadefill wall.r wall.rrr
ramp fadefill fadefill fadefill wall.r wall.rrr

The last one is too pale to print, and the second might be, but the first should be good. If you think this works for you.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
borgar

Post by borgar »

I'm not sure if you want to add more icons but if I had drawn this by hand I might have used something like elevation lines and have the number of lines indicate slooping

This wouldn't be hard to add some support when it comes to narrow corridors. A few icons with different number of curves would do that
elevation_lines.png
elevation_lines.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
In any case, this doesn't seem horribly important to add just for a single sloping corridor. And keeping things simple is often preferable to supporting every possible function. Just finding the right icon to use took forever with some similar tools I have tested. MapMatic took 5 minutes to learn and use.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r24 copied to Projects folder.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

I noticed that many of the modules in the showcase are also in here. Should I submit corrections here, or to those modules? If here, then is there a reason to still have those modules there?
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

For edits on modules in AA2, post them here. If there's not many just post the corrections in a post reply, otherwise you can attach a "fragment" ODT with just your adventure and corrections (I personally prefer you to enable track changes), and I'll work to incorporate them into the next release.

No, there's no reason to still have modules in Showcase once they're already in an adventure anthology or other print(release) work. For works and authors not still around, Solo would need to remove the Showcase entries for those.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, Chi, question... when you sent me your recent work, there were a bunch of images in the zip for AA2. Are those images all in the document, or do I need to place some still?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I can't say 100% but I think I had already placed them in the document. May need to double-check that they show up, but I think I had just downloaded the images to have on-hand for re-insertion and/or any other documents.