just getting into this game...

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
momodig

just getting into this game...

Post by momodig »

I have a few questions... I read the main rule book... I love the system... reminds me of the 80s when I played as a kid. my question is this... I love dming writing adventures... making maps and such.. but when it comes to me about designing lore for religion and gods I'm not a fan. I do want to use gods and religion in my adventures... I'm curios if there is somewhere I can go to get this stuff premade? it doesn't has to in-depth but I want the Gods to have some history and lore... if someone can point me in the direction? does this system have it's own gods? any help would be great... basically I'm looking for one or two gods for each of classes... thanks
SmootRK

Re: just getting into this game...

Post by SmootRK »

For your own homebrew campaign, just pull whatever pantheon feels right, or borrow from already made sources...

For me, I borrow heavily from Norse pantheon primarily. Can't go wrong with Odin, Thor, Loki, and the bunch. Covers pretty much the range of classes/backgrounds needed in a game. I also very much like the pseudo-Christian vibe I get from Solo's Morgansfort materials. Gives me a good near historical set of pagans vs Christian set that just feels right.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
momodig

Post by momodig »

I have the adventure book Morgansfort ... but did not read it yet... so it has gods and religion in it?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

momodig wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:42 pm I have the adventure book Morgansfort ... but did not read it yet... so it has gods and religion in it?
In a very brief succinct way, Solomoriah produced a rich "pantheon" of sorts within the Morgansfort module which is really a starter campaign sourcebook in my mind. Great stuff.
momodig

Post by momodig »

where can I find this documentation he created?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

p4 and p5 of my copy (release26)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solo also made this post awhile back: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2283
Ironwolf

Post by Ironwolf »

There's a nice pre-made pantheon in the following issue of Brave The Labyrinth, which is a fanzine for Labyrinth Lord:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/84872/BTL ... ssue-2-PDF

The fanzine is a free download, and the pantheon within will work well with Basic Fantasy.