Handy Dandy Spell Look up by Level!

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
WandererExiled

Creating a spell list Spreadsheet/PDF

Post by WandererExiled »

I love the Ray Allen PDF of spells but I spend many hours trying to flip through the spell lists in an effort to build my spell list descriptions. I started playing on roll20 and thought: since I'm doing this anyway there's got to be an easier way to search spells. I'd like to create a spreadsheets/printable pdf reorganizing spells so that it's easier to find by level.

Does this already exist and where? If not would anyone think it beneficial?

If I create a PDF, I'm thinking of doing it by Spell Level in descending order like the list in the Core Book and possibly similar to cards like the DnD 5e spell cards for those who like using those.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Creating a spell list Spreadsheet/PDF

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not aware of anything like what you are talking about, but if you want to do it, we'd love to see it!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
WandererExiled

Handy Dandy Spell Look up by Level!

Post by WandererExiled »

So here's a Google Spreadsheet for ya'll to use during those pesky times on roll20 or even in general when you try to create a personal list of spells and their descriptions!

I only did the Core Rules ones for now. I'll be taking a break from it before adding any Official supplements. A fair warning: It takes in consideration that you have already read the spells and have a pretty crude understanding of gamer language, since it's main purpose is to provide a "reminder" of the spells effects. I made it in such a way as to give the briefest explanation while still giving the enough information to play accurately (aka mechanics only {for the most part}).

You will find three tabs:
Spells (Shows spell information in a card-like way)
Spell slots (Shows how many spell slots you have & Turn Undead by character level)
Teleport Chances (shows and explains the chance table for TELEPORT spell)

On each tab you will find drop downs, from their make your selections.

A little note:
You will see something like "C.2" or "MU.6". These are abbreviations for coding purposes and for showing shared spells. It stands for Class.Spell Level.

Enjoy and feel free to critique.

If anyone wants to help convert this to an acceptable style for site download let me know (having a bit of trouble myself).

FORM
Here's a form so ya'll don't overflow this thread with "Do this next!" requests. Even if you don't want to make a request go tell me what you think should be next, it'll help me out! I'll be sticking to just the Officials right now. After I'm done I'll consider making a spread for the unofficial ones, or at least an index, depending on the popularity of this little diddy.
I am taking a break before starting on supplements, so hopefully I'll have enough input by the time I start up again.

UPDATES:
Added Cleric Turn Undead to the "Spell Slots" tab for ease of access.
Reactivated google drive link, Opened it up for websearch and general access.
Attachments
Basic Fantasy Spell lookup by class_level.ods
Update 0.01
(34.33 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
Last edited by WandererExiled on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
WandererExiled

Re: Creating a spell list Spreadsheet/PDF

Post by WandererExiled »

So I finished my spreadsheet. I went ahead and posted it the Workshop so it'll be easier to find/tweek later, if anyone finds it useful that is.

So here's the link to that post. Let me know what you think.
chiisu81

Re: Handy Dandy Spell Look up by Level!

Post by chiisu81 »

Attachment added per current submission guidelines. Also merged topic from GD into this one.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

Nice job Wanderer, looks great.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Very Nice.
geissingert

Post by geissingert »

I have taken the spreadsheet from WandererExiled and created a pdf with the cards formatted. Each page has 9 per page. There is 12 pages total with 105 cards. Would that be of interest to anyone?
Haronniin

Post by Haronniin »

geissingert wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:47 am I have taken the spreadsheet from WandererExiled and created a pdf with the cards formatted. Each page has 9 per page. There is 12 pages total with 105 cards. Would that be of interest to anyone?
Ja wohl! That would very much be of interest. I was contemplating such an undertaking a few weeks ago as I prepared to run an introductory adventure for first-time players.
geissingert

Post by geissingert »

I have attached the pdf.

Again credit goes to WandererExiled because 95% of the work went into typing in the text used for the cards. Thanks WandererExiled for the spreadsheet.
BasicFantasySpellCards.pdf
(129.96 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
Last edited by geissingert on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.