Question on multiclassing

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
ejdierker

Question on multiclassing

Post by ejdierker »

I have a super quick question here. So elves can be magic user/fighters, does this include the subclasses posted on the downloads page ie necromancer and illusionist? Or is it intended that you only multiclass with base magic user? Personally I think a fighter/necromancer would be cool so I'm curious.
SmootRK

Re: Question on multiclassing

Post by SmootRK »

This is ultimately going to be up to the individual GameMaster, but I allow for some substitutions in my game... your referenced Necromancer included. I am fairly tolerant of the classes/sub-classes that I had a substantial part in writing/designing, but I don't necessarily vouch for other such offerings that come from others who have differing sensibilities on balance.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
ejdierker

Post by ejdierker »

SmootRK wrote:This is ultimately going to be up to the individual GameMaster, but I allow for some substitutions in my game... your referenced Necromancer included. I am fairly tolerant of the classes/sub-classes that I had a substantial part in writing/designing, but I don't necessarily vouch for other such offerings that come from others who have differing sensibilities on balance.
Ah noted. Thanks for the feedback
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I believe I've mentioned in some of the class supplements, but in general I'll allow any subclass to replace a main class in a combo, barring only those that simply do not make sense. For example, a half-elven paladin/magic-user might be allowed, but paladin/necromancer would not.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I had this question after the recent updates to the Illusionist, Necromancer, and Spellcaster supplements. And the Showcase addition of the Blood Heritage Sorcerer.

Thanks for answering my question before I even asked it.