Magical Item Compendium

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Clever_Munkey

Re: Some Magic Items

Post by Clever_Munkey »

A few magical weapons I've been using, or plan to use, in my games.

Recurrence:
5 times per day this short sword +1 allows it's user to make an extra attack on their turn. Both attacks must be made with Recurrence.

Shadow Steel:
5 times per day this dagger +2 allows it's user to turn invisible for 3 rounds. (see the spell invisibility for rules on being invisible.)

Inertia
This magical great mace (maul) +1 deals 3d6 damage on a successful attack, however this comes at a cost. On the round after any attack is made the user automatically loses initiative, cannot move more than 10 feet, and cannot make parting shots.

Justiciar
Once per day this warhammer +1 can be invoked to bind the appendages of any creature for up to 1 hour. A successful save versus spells negates the binding. Attacking, or otherwise attempting to directly kill the bound target breaks the binds.

Needle Threader
5 times per day the user of this longbow +2 can ignore any cover or concealment penalties for their attack roll. The arrow must still be able to reach the target along a natural trajectory, and the attacker must be able to see, or otherwise know the location of their target. However no extra penalties are applied even if the trajectory would normally make the shot extremely difficult (e.g. arcing over a wall).

Hailstorm
Once per day the user of this heavy crossbow +1 can fire a bolt into the air and call down a shower of bolts in a 10 foot radius at a target location within range of the crossbow. Creatures in this area are hit by 1d6 bolts (save versus dragon breath for half)

Bark and Bite
While this pair of daggers +1 work well with any one, they work best with a thief. once per opponent (per 24 hours) on a successful attack with Bark (off-hand) the attacker can elect to forego the damage, and instead attack with Bite as though they were attacking from behind.

Checkpoint
On a successful attack, the user of this spear +1 may choose to force their opponent backward five feet.
Last edited by Clever_Munkey on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

I'm uploading the list I've made for the deck of conjuring here with my own additions, and to help spark some more interest in it.

You can find the original post here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1588

If you would like to contribute to the list please post to that thread, so that we don't flood this one.

I also think that some of the magic items deserve to be magic items in their own right, instead of being in this list. e.g. the slimeball.
Attachments
Deck of Conjuring.ods
(21.86 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

I don't know if they'd fall under "magic" or "specialty" weapons but I'd like to see a degree of weapon differentiation between regular weapons. Say a rapier that does 1d6 damage but is +2 vs chain or plate mail.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

orobouros wrote:I don't know if they'd fall under "magic" or "specialty" weapons but I'd like to see a degree of weapon differentiation between regular weapons. Say a rapier that does 1d6 damage but is +2 vs chain or plate mail.
I think that would fall better under the Misc. Ideas thread, which you can find here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2261

There is also this thread, which might be what you are looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1801&
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The Coins of Welgh the Lucky

Welgh was a Magic User known for his remarkable luck and the use of a coin as his lucky charm, believing that his uncanny luck was of magical origin he made several magical coins. These coins are similar to a silver coin, having a four leaf clover on one side and a skull on the other.

Once a person flips the coin it will bestow a +4 bonus or -4 penalty for the next 24hs depending on whether the coin ended up showing the clover or the skull.

Once the coin is flipped it will lose its magical ability for 24 hs.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
laDracykei

Post by laDracykei »

Bag of Keeping: Any organic matter placed within this bag is not subject to decay, fermentation, or other similar processes. Flesh will not rot, perishable goods will not spoil, wine will not age, nor will any other similar process take place. A body preserved inside a bag of keeping could have the time limit for resurrection magic upon it be be extended at the GM's discretion, but it would be no easy matter to procure a bag of keeping large enough to contain an average-sized adult human body.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The Magical Items Supplement, draft is here! -> Edit, it is no more! R1 has been updated to the Showcase

Why not Arcane? So it can contain objects of divine, diabolical, unknown and other magical origins!
Why not Artifacts? Artifacts sound more specific, and as we are adding lots of different kind of objects, "items" sounded generic enough.

I have not put credits, as I don't know exactly who should and want to be named...
I divided the items into categories, and slightly changed some names to better fit in them.
I've only added everything from this thread, material form other threads are encouraged to be added.

Any suggestion and modifications are more than welcome
Last edited by Dimirag on Sat May 12, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

All must be credited, even if it's just by their forum name/handle. For those that wish to be credited by their real name, you can PM me. If/when this gains enough traction I'll upload latest release to the first post and re-name the thread.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Copying from FG2 thread:
chiisu81 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am There's also Items Found in Wizard's Closet and Deck of Conjuring. I'm sure there's other threads.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

chiisu81 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm All must be credited, even if it's just by their forum name/handle.
And I will do it, I just have a doubt about whom to name as the original credit, the one below the supplement name (Clever_Munkey for starting the thread? me for creating the file? both?), and if I have to name each contributor's creation on the OGL.

EDIT: The file now contains all the contributors on this thread.