New Spells

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Fastjack2xs

New Spells

Post by Fastjack2xs »

One of my players and I did a re-write on a couple of old spells from that other role playing game that cannot be mentioned by name. We are using these spells in our current game and we are enjoying how they are working out so far.

I thought I would post them to see what others think and to get a little feed back.

I don't know if the Open Game License needs to be included but I've done so just in case.
Attachments
New Spells for Basic Fantasy.odt
(29.96 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Last edited by Fastjack2xs on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SmootRK

Re: New Spells

Post by SmootRK »

Nice ideas, though I have not put much thought into the balance of each.

It would be ideal to cross post into the Necromancer thread... Might need necromancy to find that thread.
That way, whenever I (or another individual) gets around to making a new update to that supplement we can include your ideas as well. Alas, I have no current plans to revisit it in the near future, but I am quite flexible to allow another to give appropriate re-writes and add-ons to that supplement, should someone want to take on that work.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Oh, I call you, souls of the departed, by your remains, I ask you to bring back that which we desire!!

May my power allow you to cross over to this realm!!!!

Here! The Necromancer thread now lies before you.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Looks like Dimirag got to the cross link before I could. Thanks Dimirag!
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Added a couple of more spells and fixed a couple of typos.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Reflection Range: Touch
Magic User 5 Duration: Special

This spell creates a duplicate of the subject of the spell that is for all intents and purposes, identical to the subject, even possessing the memories of the original. The duplicate does not retain the powers or hit dice of the original, and has only one level in the class of the subject. The reflection is essentially a construct, meaning that it cannot benefit from healing spells and does not heal naturally either. As a result of this it cannot be sensed by the undead. It is also not completely autonomous and is only able to act based upon the orders of the caster, however it can use all the memories and cunning of the subject in order to do so.

The caster must be in possession of a large mirror and requires a sample of their own blood. To cast the spell, a rune must be drawn on the mirror and then have the spell cast upon it. When the mirror is next touched, the reflection will step out of the mirror equipped with non magical replicas of whatever was on the subject at the time. These can be changed at a later date however must be removed before the reflection returns to the mirror or they are lost forever. The reflection can be ordered to return to the mirror at any time by the caster, at which point it will step into the nearest suitable mirror and the rune will appear upon it. the mirror must then be touched by the subject. The subject will then gain all memories made by the reflection during the time it was outside of the mirror.

The effect of this spell is to allow a person to be in multiple places at once without arousing the suspicion of those around them. While the Reflection is out of the mirror it cannot appear as the reflection of the subject, causing the subject to appear to have no reflection. Dogs and other similar animals can become uneasy while around a reflection.

If the reflection is slain it can still be returned to the mirror however there is a cumulative 5% chance for each time it "dies" that what returns the next time the spell it cast is guided by a malevolent force and a 1% chance that it gains full sentience.

A bit rough. I had some issues with the wording.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

The Reflection spell of SerGavin is pretty nifty, I like it.
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Added another spell.