What are you listening to/watching/reading?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
black1blade

Re: What are you listening to/watching/reading?

Post by black1blade »

Been listening to a lot of 70s prog over the last year. Yes and uriah heap are probably my favs. I've listened to the first 5 yes albums and my favs are fragile and close to the edge although I definitely want to listen to relayer and the first album a bit more. Also listened to first 5 heap albums and they are very sword and sorcery which being an fantasy nerd, really appeals to me. Also listened to the first 3 led zep albums so far and they are awesome, looking forward to listening to more. Hendrix isn't really prog but I thoroughly enjoy his 3 albums. I've also listened to a handful of miscellaneous albums from pink floyd, rush, king crimson and gong. But yeah it's really cool stuff, very musically interesting and engaging.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Correction, I don't actually mean the first 5 yes albums. Listened from "The Yes album" to "Relayer" but not the first 2 albums.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I need to check out Uriah Heep. Interesting that two of their former members, Lee Kerslake (drums) and Bob Daisley (bass) have been in Ozzy Osbourne's band as well.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

black1blade wrote:Been listening to a lot of 70s prog over the last year. Yes and uriah heap are probably my favs. I've listened to the first 5 yes albums and my favs are fragile and close to the edge although I definitely want to listen to relayer and the first album a bit more. Also listened to first 5 heap albums and they are very sword and sorcery which being an fantasy nerd, really appeals to me. Also listened to the first 3 led zep albums so far and they are awesome, looking forward to listening to more. Hendrix isn't really prog but I thoroughly enjoy his 3 albums. I've also listened to a handful of miscellaneous albums from pink floyd, rush, king crimson and gong. But yeah it's really cool stuff, very musically interesting and engaging.
Sounds pretty interesting. Lots of good music in there. Makes me wish the site had a metal horns emoji so I could appropriately express my endorsement of your excellent taste.

Myself, I've recently come back to the land of the sane (at least it feels like that, after how crazy a year 2016 was for me), and have been enjoying the "soothing" melodies of bands such as Rainbow (R.I.P Ronnie James Dio), Crimson Glory, Dream Theater, and one of my personal favorites: Fates Warning. Progressive/Classic metal doesn't get much better than that.

I apologize to everyone here for my abrupt departure from the site. I'm glad to be back. If I'm lucky, this year will be a bit more calm for me.

I hope everyone's having a great year so far!
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome back 8-) Yes so far this year is off to a much better start than last year.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

At the moment, listening to some Uriah Heap. "Bird of Prey." It's a good tune.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
shaneward

Post by shaneward »

listening to Frog Leap studios metal cover songs
reading "And another thing" by Eoin Colfer
Watching, hate to say it "full house" on netflix.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Watching: Max Steel (live action movie)
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Watching: Stars Wars Rogue One, Lemony Snicket (Netflix series), Friends
Reading: Finish This Book, Bubblegumshoe, Bass Guitar For Dummies
Listening: Tycho - Epoch, Free Dominguez - Indigo Blue
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Listening to hendrix atm. Shame he only got 3 albums out before he unfortunately passed away.