Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Clever_Munkey

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by Clever_Munkey »

JakeCWolf wrote:Had an "offical" suggestion for the supplement, a small one but I think the range of Throwing Blades/Darts should be increased from 10/20/30 to 20/40/60 to reflect how they are purpose made for throwing.
I thought the values were fine, so instead I house ruled that daggers, hand axes, and hammers have the same range as nets (10/15/20) to reflect that those can't be thrown as easily. It's a matter of taste.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here is the latest version (version 5) of the Equipment Emporium.

Metroknight, since the core rules state that a natural 1 is always a fail on an attack, and having experience in getting my fingers caught in my own traps as a youth, I thought having a chance of a 'backfire' when setting the trap a possibility. I used the dexterity bonus as a safety measure in getting ones fingers out of the way while setting the trap. I've added a line to use the Armor Bonus of the character setting the trap as the 'to hit' score to match. I also added a line about the when the trap is tripped by the victim.

Longman, I think the original intent was to have a way of helping with pricing when selling loot on the return to town. I could see a Fighter having a better chance of judging when a weapon is Quality or High Quality or if the character has a Weapon Maker as a follower. This is also a way of starting an adventure having the local Baron's personal High Quality Sword stolen and the adventures are accused of stealing it and have to find it to prove their innocence. This could also be a way of helping to determine the cost of a weapon that a Weapon Maker follower has made for the character.

JakeCWolf and Dimirag, I went back and added the lines you suggested to the appropreate weapons.
Attachments
Equipment Emporium r5.odt
(230.58 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Mister Rab

Post by Mister Rab »

This is great! I've just been drawn in to BFRPG after a generous pile of books arriving for my gaming group and I'm impressed by all the creativity here... which makes me feel like 'that guy' for my first comment to be about a typo. :oops:

p16 - I presume 'dungun' should be 'dungeon' in the heading halfway down the first column?
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Thank you, Mister Rab. :)

I should be the one with the embarrassed face since I've done mostly editing on the other titles I've worked on. :oops: Please, feel free to let me know of any other typos or other problems you see. We need all the editors we can get. Just to let you know, one of my first posts was a long list of corrections for a module that was set to be put into print. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Also, welcome to the BFRPG Forums!

AlMan
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

AlMan wrote:Thank you, Mister Rab. :)

I should be the one with the embarrassed face since I've done mostly editing on the other titles I've worked on. :oops: Please, feel free to let me know of any other typos or other problems you see. We need all the editors we can get. Just to let you know, one of my first posts was a long list of corrections for a module that was set to be put into print. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Also, welcome to the BFRPG Forums!

AlMan
Always hard to spot one's own errors. :shock:
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Mister Rab

Post by Mister Rab »

AlMan wrote:welcome to the BFRPG Forums!
Thank you :)
AlMan wrote:Just to let you know, one of my first posts was a long list of corrections for a module that was set to be put into print.
:lol: That does make me feel better.
Omote

Post by Omote »

This supplement is just filled with awesome. It's been a while since I last looked at it, but after reading through r5, this should definitely be a full-on print-product! Great work.

~O
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Thank you, as with all the works presented here, it was a group effort and I want to thank everyone that has helped, given suggestions, or support.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

On my system the file had a ton of blank pages and some other layout oddities. Also found a few things needing correcting. So here's R6.
Attachments
Equipment-Emporium-r6.pdf
(383 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Equipment-Emporium-r6.odt
(119.53 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

still a lot of odd page breaks and blank sections. some instances where data that should be part of a table is orphaned on next page in odd ways.

That said, the content of this Supplement is great. Glad it is getting attention deserved! I havn't seen Joe the Rat around much lately but he would be excited for the work too.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?