BARGUK the HALF-ORC

Gladiator combat PbP action

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: BARGUK the HALF-ORC

Post by Longman »

Your next fight is an unarmed cage fight. You are up against a rather fat human human in leather shorts. He looks frightened. You are feeling quite confident.

There are lots of people here in this underground area. Numerous different iron cages with wooden floors have been set up for wrestling and hand to hand stuff and there is a lot of betting going on by dwarves and gnomes. You see several half ogres, a possible half giant, and numerous other orcs.

This is a cage fight so we don't need a map - he can't get any more than 20 feet from you at any time so you can always attack him.

Roll for init. He has rolled, you do not know the result.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Rolled a 3 for initiative.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Your opponent wins and makes a tentative kick attack on you.

He critically fails and ends up on the floor. You may have +4 to hit him. :D

There are cheers from the crowd.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Barguk attempts to stomp him.

1d20+4=23! (I forgot the other bonuses again.. oh well)

He lands his long orcish foot on the man's chest dealing 2 damage.
Longman

Post by Longman »

You deal your damage. The fat fighter beneath you tries to get to his feet.

You may roll initiative. However, you also get a free attack on him seeing as he is getting up from a prone position.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

With the man prone on the ground Barguk attempts to wrestle him into submission.

OOC: I think I get my STR bonus for that correct? If so I got a 16, 14 without.

The initiative roll afterwords was a 3.
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK, he badly fluffs his initiative roll and you act first by jumping on him. You get +2 for Str and +1 for your BAB, total of +3. You hit him easily.

He fails his save vs Death, meaning that he cannot break the hold. You do 1d3 damage automatically.

He surrenders. There are a chorus of loud boos.

You gain 250 exp for a cage fight victory. Seeing as you won easily, you get another opponent at once, the same night. I'll tell you about that soon.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Has Barguk been developing a relationship with the guards?
Longman

Post by Longman »

No - partly because he can't talk to them. And also because that sort of thing is covered by reputation points in this game.

Your new opponent is presented as the fat guy is dragged out of the cage. It is an orc. You recognise his tribal tattoos. He looks like he is from an enemy tribe on your home-world / in your homeland.

As you close together in the cage, before the referee has signalled the fight to begin, the orc whispers to you in Orcish:

Just let me win, OK? This could be my last fight. Take a hit and go down easy, and I'll get set free. There's other orcs and humanoids watching. Maybe one of them might do you a favour sometime.

If you want to throw the fight and help the other orc, I will give you -4 on your attacks rolls and him a +4. Hopefully it won't be too obvious.

If you do not want to throw the fight...bring it on! He is from an enemy tribe, after all.

Roll for initiative.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Barguk is stunned by the audacity of the Orc. All he can imagine is tearing his enemies tattoos from his heretic bones. As represented by an initiative roll of 1.

Barguk's Orcish ancestry is put on full display in his bloodshot eyes.