DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Post by chiisu81 »

R13 (along with cover updated copyright date) look good for print!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Sorry to throw a monkey into the wrench but I just downloaded the latest version and noticed that on Page 3, the NPC Shosanna Smythe seems to be missing her Sv.

I haven't noticed anything else so far as I've just been skimming through it for now but that just jumped out at me.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Not shown for the Mercenary Guards either; not sure if Dave wanted to assume F1? Either way let's blame him :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If class and level are given, you don't have to include the Sv stat.

So these sound okay.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I must be missing something but I don't see anywhere that mentions her level or class (although as a guard I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume she's a fighter).
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm not seeing it either. Have already made a number of other corrections, will spend the weekend going over this and will then email R14 to Solo.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R14 emailed to Solo.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R14 now online, print release candidate.
Tommi Brander

Post by Tommi Brander »

I added DC1 into my sandbox setting and (some of) the player characters are down there, with Fonkin, trying to find the stolen items. Most of the PCs are not starting characters, so at least the beginning of the adventure is far from difficult, which is to be expected.

The rooms in the dungeons are numbered quite randomly; this makes it very difficult to get a feel for what is where when preparing for running the adventure location, and adds some scrolling when running it. (I have two pdf files open, one with the map and the other with whichever room or random encounter table I happen to need at that point.)

I suggest numbering the rooms in a more useful way. I prefer to do it as follows: First room from entrance is number one, second is number two, etc. When there are branches in the dungeon, start with one. If there is a cluster of connected rooms, give them consecutive numbers.
There are, of course, other reasonable methods.

For the first adventure, I would use the following numbering for rooms:

old | new
6 | 1
2 | 2
17 | 3
9 | 4
15 | 5 (at this we have a branch and need to choose and path; the choice is pretty arbitrary)
14 | 6
13 | 7
8 | 8 (another branch; I'll start with the dead end)
19 | 9
5 | 10
1 | 11
3 | 12
18 | 13
11 | 14
12 | 15
10 | 16
4 | 17
7 | 18
16 | 19

I believe this would improve the presentation of the adventure, especially when first reading it.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I agree having the rooms in a random order can be confusing, but on a finished product I don't know how much a priority it would be to change them at this point. Dave hasn't been on in over a year, so I'll let others weigh in. His maps are on Mapmatic if re-numbering does become deemed necessary.