Questions about Ghouls

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Ghouls

Post by Solomoriah »

I wouldn't allow it, but it's your game, you do as you wish.

In my opinion, ghoul fever is something between disease and curse, and should be as irreversible as the transformation to vampire.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

I wouldnt allow it either. Once you are changed, thats it. Cure disease wont work. Its like in the Walking Dead with Herschel keeping Zombies around hoping for a cure. they are dead, changed, irreversible now. (maybe Limited Wish or other powerful magic)
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Woe

Post by Woe »

They aren't dead unless speak with the dead and raise dead (and reincarnate?) work. It opens up a weird question, whether life and death is binary or multiclass.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Raise dead and speak with dead work on the dead, not the undead. Undead is a distinct state.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Obombo

Re: Ghoulsism as a Disease

Post by Obombo »

Longman wrote: Would "Cure Disease" the spell, be able to cure a ghoul? Like the zombies in I am Legend (Will Smith) were able to be cured, in the end?
There is nothing to "cure". Ghouls are not alive; they are undead. That is their "condition". You could destroy one then use a wish to return the original person to life most likely.
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

Solomoriah wrote:Raise dead and speak with dead work on the dead, not the undead. Undead is a distinct state.

In the First edition/Second (?not sure) PHB Raise Dead did let the undead become living again if they were "newly created" and fell within the 1 day/level time limit.
BASIC rules state otherwise. Interesting though....just thought Id say because i have my old PHB right by the computer.
Obombo

Post by Obombo »

Blood axe wrote: In the First edition/Second (?not sure) PHB Raise Dead did let the undead become living again if they were "newly created" and fell within the 1 day/level time limit.
BASIC rules state otherwise. Interesting though....just thought Id say because i have my old PHB right by the computer.
Ist Ed AD&D Raise Dead spell: "Note that newly made undead, excluding skeletons, which fall within the days of being dead limit are affected by raise dead spells cast upon them. The effect of the spell is to cause them to become resurrected dead, providing the constitution permits survival; otherwise, they are simply dead."
Blood axe

Post by Blood axe »

Obombo wrote:
Blood axe wrote: In the First edition/Second (?not sure) PHB Raise Dead did let the undead become living again if they were "newly created" and fell within the 1 day/level time limit.
Ist Ed AD&D Raise Dead spell: "Note that newly made undead, excluding skeletons, which fall within the days of being dead limit are affected by raise dead spells cast upon them. The effect of the spell is to cause them to become resurrected dead, providing the constitution permits survival; otherwise, they are simply dead."
:D Yeah! what that guy said!