Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Everhome is a world full of adventure and glory. Only the brave dare to seek it. Are you among them?

Moderator: Sir Daggerford

Rhialto

Re: Chapter 1-The Village of Epiceadale

Post by Rhialto »

Arkus again performs his over-elaborate bow.

"Good day to you! We are travelers just arrived in town and looking around to see where we might buy provisions before we leave after the harvest feast. Do you have any special wares for the festival?"
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

The man addresses Cael first "we do indeed have some soap good sir. Would you like to purchase some? The cost is three silver a bar."

He turns to Arkus next "And as for any special wares, we do have some that we will be selling during the festival. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for them though. But that's not long now."
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros addresses the store keep, "Greetings Sir, How about maps of the general area? If not, could you at least tell me how the hunting is in the surrounding wilderness?"
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

"Well, I'm afraid I don't have any maps on hand at the moment. As far as hunting in the surrounding area, from what I know of it, it's alright. But the village is based around farming, ya know. We're not as much interested in exploring the wilderness, as keeping the dangers of it out of our land."

kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

While Phelan waits outside, she looks around to see what else the town has to offer.
Phelan
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

"I can certainly wait till tomorrow, but what are these dangers you speak of?
William, the innkeeper, assured us that this was a peaceful place."
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Cael has a smile spread across his face. "Indeed I would like a bar of soap, good sir." He pulls the coins out and hands them to him before turning to the others. "I'm good for now. I think we should ramble around the towns edge and have a nice walk before I personally retire for the evening with a bath to wash the dirt from the road off."
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Barros thanks the Store Keep for the information and bids him farewell, turns as if to follow Cael, but waits briefly at the door, for Arkus, and to see if there is any reply to the Question Arkus posed to the Store Keep.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

The man takes Cael's coins, and moves out from behind the counter. He walks over to one of the shelves, and retrieves a bar of soap, which he hands to Cael.

He then turns to Arkus. "Well yes, the village is a peaceful place. We've been blessed with good fortune in that regard. The surrounding lands are not so peaceful. There are foul things out there, within the dark hollows of the forest. The further you get into the wild, the more dangerous it becomes. But the dangers I was referring to are of the mundane variety. Wolves, you know. And other predators of the sort. We have to protect our livestock, you know. Yet, that is the case in most places, I would say."

Outside, Phelan can see that many preparations for the festival are still taking place out in the square. However, they have begun to slow down as evening draws near. She also notices several more travelers arriving at the inn. They appear to be relatively common folk, or perhaps merchants.

kg8jk

Post by kg8jk »

Phelan addresses the group as they finish at the store. "It looks as if more people are arriving at the inn and evening is approaching. What say we return to the inn and explore this village more once the festival begins? Perhaps some of the folk from different parts will have something to tell of their travels."
Phelan