Condensed Character Charts

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
apl

Condensed Character Charts

Post by apl »

I'm in the process of making a GM screen, and found myself looking at other screens and charts people have made. I really liked the Ultimate Character Charts as a concept (not as part of my screen but as a reference sheet) but didn't know if I needed a new page for every race/class combo, so I made this condensed version.

I started with the tables in the Ultimate Character Charts Supplement. I'm not sure how this works when you build on someone elses material, but I plan on adding a title page giving credit to the previous authors if they would like it.

Hope someone finds it useful
Attachments
BFRPG-Condensed-Character-Charts-r1.pdf
(791.47 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
BFRPG-Condensed-Character-Charts-r1.odt
(34.83 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Last edited by apl on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Condensed Character Charts

Post by Solomoriah »

You need to update the OGL text at the end. In particular, you need to add your own copyright statement at the end, and correct the name of the document at the very beginning.

Looks nice, by the way!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
apl

Post by apl »

Thanks,

Ok, I never really looked at the fine print, but see what I have to do. And I can use the title page for the Ultimate Character Charts as a template.

My main question is what do I do about the original authors. Do I need to contact them? Make them co-authors? Say something like "Based on Ultimate Character Charts by.."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Literally all you have to do is to update the OGL properly. No requirement for a title page, no requirement for any extra crediting... the copyright statements in the OGL are all that are needed.

It's not bad to give credit, mind you, just not necessary.
apl

Post by apl »

Thanks again.

Ok, I resubmitted them with the OGL changed. Left all the other copyrights in place as a way to give credit to former contributors. I didn't really want to make a title page for something this small, so I'm happy with it as is.

I did not count this as a revision, it has not been downloaded very many times, and all I changed was the license which should not effect the person using the charts at all if they downloaded it before the update.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks for doing this. I do want to point something out to you... you said:
apl wrote:Ok, I resubmitted them with the OGL changed. Left all the other copyrights in place as a way to give credit to former contributors.
You did the right thing, but I must point out, what you did is what the OGL requires you to do. You must not remove copyright statements from a work you are deriving from. Again, you did do the right thing... I just want to be sure you understand what is expected.
apl

Post by apl »

Understood, thanks for the heads up.
teaman

Post by teaman »

These are really great! Thanks for putting them out there.

I was one of the authors of the original "Ultimate Character Charts" so it is neat ot see someone else's spin on things.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
apl

Post by apl »

Thank you, both for the kind words and all your work on the Ultimate Character Charts. I think they're great.