Season 1 - Episode 5: On the Trail of Alma

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

SmootRK

Re: The Amulet

Post by SmootRK »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
SmootRK wrote:
(assuming above is OK with everyone), Nivek puts on the amulet, taking care to notice if there are any tell-tale changes.
You don the amulet, but there are no immediate changes or effects and so you carry on with your chores. However, you slowly start to develop the unmistakable sense that the Forge Lord is in someway displeased by this action and you begin to feel your spiritual powers waning ...
Realizing that this is perhaps the holy symbol (or more) of another deity, Nivek removes the amulet and tosses it aside with a audible curse, "damn cursed bastards (referring to goblins)". With haste, Nivek begins to pray fervently for atonement. Should others inquire, Nivek ignores them until his self-purification ritual can be completed, then apologies to everyone for his lack of insight with the goblin's vile symbol.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Iain_IF

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Iain_IF »

It seems we have two lines of thought, says Paladin. One is to return to Marketstone and tell Bertie what we know. There, we can buy stuff and ask around for information on this tower thingie where the goblins are. The other is to head out now, or in the morning, with what equipment we currently have or Barnie's friend will provide us.

If we head out now, or in the morning, we can either try to find the bandits and parlay with them, or head back to the clearing with the yellow cloth and follow that trail where it leads, continues Paladin. Either way, we should decide and do it.
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

Birthright wrote:While the healing is going on, Tannen asks Karl about his scar. "By the gods, that is a serious battle scar! You'll have to tell me about how you got it some time."
"Well, Sergeant Tannen, I failed to keep my shield arm high, took a brigand's mace to the skull," Karl answered. "Not much to tell. My head hurts when the weather changes, and I usually hear bells ringing in the morning even when there's no church around."
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Tannen looks at his freshly healed wounds with barely concealed awe. We are in your debt, old man. Our mission is clear, but we are a bit short of rations. Can you spare as any fare that will see us through the next few days? Tannen says to the robed man from the cave.
Iain_IF wrote:It seems we have two lines of thought, says Paladin. One is to return to Marketstone and tell Bertie what we know. There, we can buy stuff and ask around for information on this tower thingie where the goblins are. The other is to head out now, or in the morning, with what equipment we currently have or Barnie's friend will provide us.

If we head out now, or in the morning, we can either try to find the bandits and parlay with them, or head back to the clearing with the yellow cloth and follow that trail where it leads, continues Paladin. Either way, we should decide and do it.
Well said, little one. Tannen says to Paladin.

I am all for pressing on without returning to the farm or Marketstone - it's probably best to follow Alma's trail while it is relatively fresh. At any rate, it would be worth seeking out those bandits too - carefully though. Perhaps we can stow any excess possessions (even the valuable stuff) here to lighten our load, but we need more rations for the next trip. I only have a few days food left.

Tannen await's the old man's response to the request for food, but is otherwise eager to leave as soon as possible.

[OOC: Do we take Jumbles with us or not?
JoeCarr28

Food

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:Tannen looks at his freshly healed wounds with barely concealed awe. We are in your debt, old man. Our mission is clear, but we are a bit short of rations. Can you spare as any fare that will see us through the next few days? Tannen says to the robed man from the cave.
"Pfftt ... there is plenty of food in the forest if you're clever enough to find it and quick enought to catch it."

He casts his eyes over the party.

"On second thoughts, I'd better get you something to take with you."

He disappears into the back of the cave and returns with enough food to provide you all with an extra 3 days of rations each.

(Please update you inventories accordingly).

Doughbert: HP 5/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP 8/8.
Nivek: HP 7/7. 2 '0' level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 9/9.
9 am, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

You have our gratitude. Tannen nods towards the old man.

Tannen sets about checking the contents of his backback and checks on Jumbles while the rest of the party decide whether to bring the old pony or not.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(Local: doughbert said he would go back to the throne room to get the possessions that he left There but I am not sure if he actually did. Did he?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek looks over the twigs, seeds, nuts, bugs, and other stuff that makes up the "rations" given by the old man. He does his best to avoid any show of dissatisfaction over the lack of real food in the rations. Then, trying to produce a positive comment, "Perhaps we can bring down an elk or moose while travelling to supplement our rations for the next couple of days."
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

I'll ride Jumbles, volunteers Paladin. He frowns a moment. You aren't going to eat Jumbles , are you Barney?. Paladin us clearly torn between his trusty party member rescuing steed and his new best friend.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Hywaywolf wrote:(Local: doughbert said he would go back to the throne room to get the possessions that he left There but I am not sure if he actually did. Did he?
You originally left 2 days of rations and a blanket (page 56) to free-up capacity for the coins. Looking back through the posts, I could find reference to you collecting your blanket (to make a stretcher for Nivek - page 72). But I couldn't find any mention of you collecting the two days of rations. Unless I missed a post, the rations are still in the goblin cave (as far as you know).