Renaissance Faire

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Renaissance Faire

Post by SmootRK »

What a fun day. I got to spend time with my kids at the Renaissance Festival nearby in Larkspur Colorado. Mostly we walked amongst the shops and watched performers of various kinds. Period clothing was all around, gorgeous ladies, and even a few elves. Funny that they had at least two Jack Sparrow Pirates running about. Missed the Jousting event due to tired-grandmother-syndrome, but we managed to get new dice bags for the kids while we were there.

And the FOOD!, turkey legs, sausages, and other meats abound!!!

If you have not gone to something like this recently, you must try to sometime soon!! I highly recommend it. My kids' imaginations are just busting at the seams.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Re: Renaissance Faire

Post by Hywaywolf »

We've been to a few. They are always fun.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Turkey legs... gah. Can't eat 'em, the grease makes me sick.

Eat a low-fat diet long enough and your body decides it's normal. Then, things you once ate and enjoyed become sinister...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Heh... we do a low-glycemic diet/lifestyle, so I can indulge in many greasy pleasures (but not all the time). My taboo foods are now high sugar/starch things... making potatoes, rice, pasta, breads, and of course sugary things off limits.

I have similar feelings now when I eat/drink stuff that are sugary... queasy and 'wrong' feeling.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I just watched a movie called "The Wild Hunt" Its not a Renaissance Faire, but its something similar. Its a bout a a group of LARPers in Canada that take things too seriously. It was awesome. I highly recommend it.