Disadvantages & Feats

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Guyon

Disadvantages & Feats

Post by Guyon »

The following are my house rules for character roll up with the addition of Disadvantages & Feats. Please look over for additions, corrections, or typos and report any you see. The final version will include a Open Office document.

Disadvantages have been a part of my gaming for along time. They add color and make them more interesting. The new roll up and Feats make them more heroic without becoming over powered.
Attachments
Feats V0.8.pdf
Disadvantages & Feats V0.8
(409.31 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
SerGavin

Re: Disadvantages & Feats

Post by SerGavin »

Looks pretty cool, it reminds me of the TSGS in the way that you take disadvantages and feats.

I found what I think may be a typo:
Ambidextrous: You fight equally well using either hand, with no penalty. When using two weapons this feat allows you to add your entire strength bonus as damage for of them.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Guyon

Post by Guyon »

Thanks SerGavin,
Since no one find anything else I will be adding a few more items I thought about and will publish.

Additional suggestions welcome.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Going over the v0.8 pdf and you have on Alcohol Resistance "inherent bonus on Fortitude saves". Fortitude saves did not come into being till 3.x system. You might want to change it to Con check or what I would recommend is Poison save as alcohol in large amounts is poisonous.

Typo in Weapon Master: You have Clerics may till not use edged weapons. I think you meant "Clerics may still not use edged weapons". My wording would be more along the lines of "Weapon restrictions still apply to classes appropriately" due to the fact the way you worded Weapon Master, it would open up the use of restricted weapons for all the other classes except Clerics. Either you love to have a mage run around using a two handed sword when out of spells or you dislike clerics in general. :P

My opinion on this pdf.

Overall it is a nice idea but many of the feats feel overpowered on a read through. You have feats that are giving +4 (that is higher than a max stat bonus). I would recommend having no more than +/-2 modifier to any feat at maximum as feats should supplement not over shadow.

Have a suggestion or few also.

As it appears you are basing some of the rolls off the ability check table instead of their class tables, you might want to add in the % modifier for any class table also (Referring to Agile Climber's Climb Wall mod of +4. You might want to include the % modifier for thieves.) as there are classes that have those skills and use a percentile mechanic.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I like the idea, I've seen things like these on other gamesystems. It would be nice to have it in the standard BFRPG format.

Some feats are OP, and mechanically not compatible with BF mechanics.
Making a list of Disadvantages could be a nice addition.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/