Chapter 1: After the Storm

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

mTeasdale

Re: Chapter 1: After the Storm

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali looks towards Yuan-Cheng and says, with a low voice : "I totally agree with you. When food will start to get scarce, I'm pretty sure we won't be the first ones to get get fed, we should find a way to get out of here. Furthermore, if something nasty lurks into this jungle, I prefer to know it right now than during the night..."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Sonja whispers, "Night might actually be a better place to leave. Less guards awake, and it's a new moon so less light to aim by."

BTW Sonja will be mentally inventorying what comes off the ship and where it ends up: munitions, foodstuffs, liquor. If it is possible for her to misappropriate one of the boxes (munitions -> foodstuffs), she will.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
quozl

Post by quozl »

"We will return, Sonja. Keep an eye out for us." Yuan-Cheng then motions to Jaali. "Let's go."
Longman

Post by Longman »

The ship has 5 pistols, 2 muskets, 15 grenades, and two kegs left of powder. Some of the pirates also had weapons, and their own smaller supplies.

The pirates have got control of the guns and ammo described here. There is no way of 'lifting' extra powder supplies without them noticing - especially not during the day. However, it may be possible to wander off with a stash of food. It is being brought ashore in all sorts of boxes and barrels and it's possible no one would notice, especially if you have been helping in the task of getting it ashore. Int roll, beat a 10, to steal a week. If you fail you'll be seen, but not necessarily the the pirates. Want to do it? Jaali could also do it with a pick pockets roll (60%).

Your mental inventory is 500 days of food and water, and the weapons described above plus bits and pieces of 'fluff' like cooking gear, the ship's cat, people's personal items like weapons and armor, and so on.

It looks like Yuan-Cheng, Maju and Jaali have decided to take a walk off the beach. Maybe Saracen did too? They are seen by one of the pirates, who alerts Jab-Afri. Sonja overhears the conversation.

'Follow them,' he says to one of his men. 'Keep an eye on them. They are powerful and we'll need them as allies. If they want to explore the place, I'll let them. But we can't have them taking off for good.'

So, one of the pirates, who has his own rifle, follows the group, at a distance.

Then, a dog-faced woman called Maroo comes up to Saracen (maybe while he is on his way to join the others heading off the beach). She is the ship's priestess.

"I say, good man of Zarga" (sea elf). "Did you happen to notice these footprints on the beach? I hope whatever made them doesn't come back again!'

SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Oh I don't know, whatever made them might make good eatin' as long as we can put enough holes in it, I'm going to follow them saracen gestures over to the departing characters. Lets see what they're up to. Saracen jogs to catch up to the others and when he gets there takes something out of his jacket and begins tossing a coin up in the air and catching it again over and over as he walks with them. So where are we going, Hmm?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

While walking with the others (and struggling a bit to keep up), Maju glances at Taku, perched on his shoulder, and nods in command. The Mountain Falcon takes flight, circling higher to have a look around.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali head to the border of the jungle, probably with everybody following up (?). Jaali make signs with his hands to tell everybody to be as silent as possible. Do we spot/hear anything strange or out of place ?

(Question 1 : did Jaali spotted the group was followed ?)

(Question 2 : So all the group is together now or someone is still with the ship's crew/pirates ?)
Longman

Post by Longman »

'Be careful!' calls the priestess after the swaggering sea-elf. 'If anyone is injured, come to me! Don't go too far!'

It's pretty obvious there's a pirate following the main group.

Can I suggest that this pirate is Saracen? Either that, or Saracen is catching up to you, and there is another pirate following you as well...

The falcon flies up and then comes back again a bit later. "Mountains in the distance, a day away or more. Lots of streams! Thick jungle! Monkeys! And some big lizards, oh yes! As big as houses! Out in the desert! A big heard of them!"

Then she bothers you for meat scraps.

As far as I know you are all together except Woe's ranger character, Sonja, who was attempting to steal some food before a big fat pirate called Hurley eats it at all. (If Woe wants to go with the main group that's also fine.)
Woe

Post by Woe »

I think Sonja is the only one left at the beach. I'll play along with Longman just so he doesn't have to split parties.

Stalk she whispers to Jericco.

Jericco will run off, up the beach and obliquely toward the departing party and pirate. "Damn bitch." she mutters (of her male dog). "Here, keep an eye on this. I'll be right back for it." She sets her box of munitions down at the feet of the nearest pirate, and swearing colorfully, she'll trudge up the beach and after her fleeing dog.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

(If Woe wants to go with the main group that's also fine.)
We posted about the same time. I think you can work me in, just so I don't have to shoot Hurley and feed him to Jericco.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot