Monster Creations and Conversions Discussion

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
arcbolt21

Re: Monster Creations and Conversions Discussion

Post by arcbolt21 »

Dimirag wrote:I think the male alpha should have its own stats.
You know... That makes sense. I'll port the info over now including stats on the alpha Dragophant.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Smoot,

I've edited the entry for the Leprechauns in the New Monsters thread. Sorry, it took me a while to try and bring it up to scratch. I hope this is better, it was my first attempt at writing a monster.
MikeBlanc

Post by MikeBlanc »

Hello Guys and Gals,

I was wondering if there was an existing set of monsters sort of like the Trollocs from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Books? Or are there any creatures with random mutations as part of their standard write up.

What I was thinking of is sort of like a humanoid monster that could have a randomly rolled mutation of an Eagles head with a vicious beak attack, or perhaps something with a bears arms that can do a hug attack. Just stuff that is weird and unpredictable but mechanically relatively simple. Any help finding something like this would be great but I'd like to rather not have to build it myself, please.

Peace
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I don't recall anything in BFRPG items. Mutant Future certainly has them, and it'd be cool to see a few entries for gonzo BFRPG! On the Mutant Future page there is a link for an art-free download if you'd wanna check it out.

If you do come up with something, post it on the New Monsters 2015 thread as well as Smoot's BFRPG Apocalypse thread as that'd be a good fit as well.
quozl

Post by quozl »

I recommend The Random Esoteric Creature Generator.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I get ideas all the time at random intervals. Often I lose track of them over the day because I do not write them down as they occur. Posting this just to get a few of my random musings down to potentially develop later:

Skunk-bear - distinctively striped black bear. Musk as one would expect.

Stagling - small centuar-like race (antelope/small-deer). This idea exists in other games, but I will of course make my own.

Serpent-folk - surprised when I realized BFRPG does not have any sort of yuan-ti/serpent-folk yet. Will look to Lovecraft-ian or Howard-esque for inspiration... go back to roots. Thulsa Doom (from the movie), anyone?

Wendigo - appears elsewhere, but would like our own BFRPG original.

Gith analogous race - still surprises me that these are considered "Intellectual Property" of WotC, as they come directly out of stories by others. Anyway, was thinking to combine the idea with insectoid thri-kreen(ish) or Vrusk (Star Frontiers) sort of race to make them substantially different and very alien in nature.

Nazgorian, Leech - a simple leech-like creature from Nazgor. Perhaps a larval stage of something else?!?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If it's Nazgorean, it ought not be "simple."

:D

Your other ideas all sound pretty cool.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:If it's Nazgorean, it ought not be "simple."
Indeed.
Was thinking of these things leaping out of stagnant pools to attack (surprise), to latch on. After latching on, the victim goes mad like something out of "28 Later" (like some sort of feeblemind combined with hulk rage) before dropping dead some hours later. Not zombie apocalypse, but something grows out of the corpse later....
Prometheus/Alien sort of thing on my mind.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
PuppetMaster

Post by PuppetMaster »

I posted a Giant Wolf Spider for review. It's something I want to use for an adventure I'm writing.
The drawing is not yet complete.
Any feedback appreciated.
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Bone Viper
Armor Class: 14
Hit Dice: 1*
No. of Attacks: 1 spit or 1 bite
Damage: 1d4 + poison
Movement: 40'
No. Appearing: 1d4
Save As: Fighter: 1
Morale: 12
Treasure Type: None
XP: 37

Description: Bone Vipers are unnatural creatures magically created through the use of necromancy to be used as guards and as deadly “mobile” traps. Their poison has been magically retained and strengthened. They are able to spit their poison up to 6 feet causing blindness or injecting it by means of their bite. Anyone hit by a spit attack must make a save v. Poison or become blinded, and anyone bitten must make a save v. Poison or die within three rounds.

Like other undead creatures bone vipers may be Turned by clerics.
Attachments
th12M14M25.jpg
th12M14M25.jpg (22.96 KiB) Viewed 10608 times