New Magic Item: Deck of Conjuring

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: New Magic Item: Deck of Conjuring

Post by chiisu81 »

[C] - strips of dried preserved meats
- a longsword with a ornate braided-leather grip; the bearer of this sword will gain the favor of any one person they salute
[R] - the "gasping ghost"; it appears she is lying on the floor unable to breathe, but will beckon you closer, and when you do she'll whisper in your ear a quick song that will restore your HP and increase your morale for a week
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

[C] - Wulderg's Drinking Horn: any ale poured into this vessel will be the best-tasting beer ever experienced
- a small ceramic ocarina; when anything but horrendous music is played a nixie is summoned; she will "borrow" any item from someone the ocarina player wishes to have, but will also be unable to resist stealing from everyone else along the way...
[R] - slime ball: a hunk of opaque blue crud, it will maintain its round shape no matter how it's handled or thrown. If thrown against a stone wall, it will stretch out very thin in the shape of a doorway. If the thrower steps through (for it won't work for anyone else), he will be transported to the slime ball's original location at the bottom of a six-level dungeon. The player could use the ball to transport back (ie throwing it against a wall in the dungeon), but it takes several slain creatures to recharge the slime ball, which turns almost completely translucent and will become more and more opaque as creatures are killed.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

I have a bunch of incomplete decks of playing cards, and I was looking for something to do with them. So I did a quick Google search for rpg magic item decks (I'm a big fan of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and was inspired), and what do you know; this was the first thing that wasn't reference cards or another deck of many things.

Anyway, has anything come of this? I would be willing to compile the tables and everything if somebody hasn't already.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sure, go for it!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Alright I've compiled all of the posts and added a few of my own. They should be sorted by rarity.
Attachments
Deck of Conjuring.ods
(19.61 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.