Chapter 2:Taking the Offensive

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

SerGavin

Re: Chapter 2:Taking the Offensive

Post by SerGavin »

Sanzaru charges the nearest goblin, hacking at it with his axe
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I can't remember being outnumbered enough since we last slept to have used sleep so I will do the cast that down the passage. If it turns out I have used it this day then I will shoot an arrow at the lead goblin.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Pebbles quickly turns to meet the threat and looses his sleep spell once again. In the space of a heartbeat, 7 of the 8 goblins slump over in an induced slumber. The last one freezes in shock as he looks around at his sleeping companions.

In one swift motion Boldol readies a bullet and sends it whizzing towards the last upright goblin. A loud thwack echoes down the corridor as the bullet catches your opponent directly between the eyes. He keels over backwards in a heap, never to move again.
Boldol's Attack (Sling): [1d20+5] = 10+5 = 15
Boldol's Damage (Sling): [1d4+2] = 4+2 = 6
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

OOC: Ok, since no one posted otherwise I'll assume you take care of the sleeping goblins.

You quickly slit the throats of the sleeping goblins and loot the bodies. Between the 8 goblins you find a total of 56 ep.

Once the goblins are dispatched, you look around a take note of your options. To the east is a closed door on the north side of the corridor, to the south the corridor ends at another closed door, and to the west, where the evil seems to be emanating from, is a small room leading to another corridor with yet another closed door on the west wall.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
asacolips

Post by asacolips »

Boldol will move to the eastern door and investigate it. He'll cautiously try the handle, and slowly open it if it's unlocked.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Mumford and Bosco will watch proceedings from a safe distance.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

With Mumford, Bosco, and the rest of the party watching, Boldol cautiously advances down the eastern corridor, stepping over the goblin corpses, and stops in front of the door. Trying the door he finds it unlocked and slowly pushes it open.

The door slowly swings open to reveal a short 10' entry opening into a 20' x 30' room with another 10' x 10' alcove directly opposite the door. This room is filled with musty, rotting robes.
asacolips

Post by asacolips »

Boldol will thumb through the robes looking for anything interesting, and then he'll backtrack to check out the western corridor where the evil seems to be emanating from.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Sanzaru will follow boldol at a safe dostance, weapons drawn.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Boldol begins searching through the robes but they are so old and rotting that they simply disintegrate in your hands. You keep searching diligently and manage to unearth 37 gp.

Once you're done searching the room, you backtrack westward with Sanzaru following several paces behind.

As you cross the threshold of the small waiting room you all get an eerie feeling. A feeling of discomfort fills everyone, as if something is not yet completed, as if a sentence has been left half finished. You look around the room and see rotted furniture about the room. Large chairs, several cabinets, and a large brass bell on a stand are arranged about the room. Ancient scripts are engraved on the walls.

You see a north-south corridor to the west with a closed door on the western wall.