Season 1 - Episode 4: The Goblin Caves

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Hywaywolf

Re: Season 1 - The Farmer's Lost a Wife

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert will let them go if they must. He is going to wait to see how his and hiker bow shots turned out. If we win initiative there is a chance that 1-3 more may die. At the very least the burning one should die the next round due to the 2nd round of flames. He wants to see whats behind that curtain.
JoeCarr28

Sanctuary of the Curtain

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Doughbert wins the initiative and fires his bow at Goblin 1 [roll: 11 + 1 (attack bonus) + 1 (dexterity) + 1 (halfling) = 14: hit! for 2 damage]. The arrow hits the fleeing goblin squarely in its back and it falls.

Goblin 3 makes it to the sanctuary of the curtain.

Hiker's obvious target is Goblin 5 [roll: 14 + 1 (attack bonus) + 1 (dexterity) = 16: hit! for 2 damage]. Goblin 5 is also killed.

The remaining two Goblins, 9 and 13, reach the curtain before you can stop them.

((Hyway - I don't think secondary 'splash damage' due to fiery oil continues into a second round. The rules aren't completely clear, but that's what I'm going to say. Only the individual that takes the direct hit suffers two rounds worth of damage.))

Within a minute or so, the pools of oil in front of you burn-out and the corridor can be traversed safely once more.

Doughbert: HP 3/5. No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 6/9.
Karl: HP 7/8.
Nivek: HP -1/7. Stabilised. No ‘0’ level spells remaining today.
Paladin: HP -1/4. Stabilised.
Tannen: HP 6/9.
5 pm, 27th day of Harvestide.
Eevans

Post by Eevans »

Hiker watched his arrow arc into the back and down the goblin in the corridor. Pleased with his shot he nocked another arrow but then watched the heated exchange between the half-man and Tannen.
Tannen's instructions were fairly simple...wait for people get picked up, shoot anything coming down the corridor and follow behind watching for things following...if something followed...shoot it. Hiker felt he could do that, but he interjected briefly to Tannen regarding their retreat,"We aren't gonna leave poor Miss Alma, are we?" There was a sadness to Hiker's tone.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'm not leaving her," replied Doughbert. "Ask yourself this, If a dozen or more of your clan was killed and you were just a few, would you stick around here with your prize, (Miss Alma), and wait for the people that did it to come back?"

Doughbert waits to see if Hiker understands, then continues. "No, they will leave and they will take her with them. We must push on to save her or don't bother coming back."
Iain_IF

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin weeps with pride at the words of the brave Halfling. Or something. He also nods weakly and gives a feeble hand gesture forward.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek mutters a quiet prayer, "Forge Lord, protect these brave souls... they fight for righteous deeds, despite great peril." He takes a moment to spit out blood that is coming from his innards. "These filthy goblins deserve no mercy."
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: Joe, I misread the damage the fire bomb did. I had forgotten about the natural 20 killing the one the bomb hit and that it splashed on 1 and 5. I was thinking 1 was splashed and 5 was the one I hit and it would burn 2nd round too. So this turned out better than I thought. we dropped 3 of them during their retreat. That only adds to doughberts resolve to push on.)
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

Looking about his companions, Tannen relents to the others' opinions that the remaining party members press on.

"Ok. May the Forge Lord, Master Locke and any other gods that happens to care, preserve us all.
Let's hope they haven't had time to set an ambush of their own. If nobody is using Paladin's bow, Tannen can use it.

"Quick, lets reset the pools of oil. Dougbert, I think it's best if you sneak a look through the curtain before we all barge in. If there is no sign of Alma, we regroup to discuss our options."
actingkeith

Post by actingkeith »

Karl's head hurts.
- True might is measured in the good brought to others
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Doughbert hands his bow and quiver to karl. You guys be ready. I'll creep up and take a peek. If it looks doable, I'll yank down the curtain and you three shoot them up. Pour out some oil to ready the trap.

Doughbert takes the torch and creeps up to one of the bodies and uses it to prop up the torch. He'll pull his short sword and creep up to the curtain and get low and to the left, he'll nudge the curtain to the side and peel in.