Chapter Two: Caerton (Alrone)

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Post by Mint »

Alrone speaks up "I suggest, before any of you get cosy at a tavern, that we secure any supplies. I have some minor business to attend to but I am sure we will rendezvous eventually." Alone heads to Tavern of the Twin Moons ahead of anyone else (wearing no armour so yeah).
EDIt: directions-I head past the stagger to enter the walls of the city, skirt along the walls heading west. Head trough the centre of the upper market (take note of any interesting goods on offer) to the upton. I ask for precise directions to the Twin moon tavern.
black1blade

Re: Chapter Two: Caerton (Alrone)

Post by black1blade »

Upon arriving at the tavern I shall attempt to enter and ask where I would find the singer Lianai.
Mint

Post by Mint »

As you come up to the door of the Two Moon tavern you can tell right away that this a place where no nonsense is tolerated. The entire neighborhood is a veritable reek of snoot.

The door itself is made of carved mahogany and is set with brightly polished brass and even a chasing of silver. As you come up to the door it opens of it's own accord and a wash of warm air and golden light hits your face as you stand in the cold winter outside.

After a moment the door begins to close and you hurry to enter before it shuts completely. Inside you see a large room floored in highly polished hardwood of different shades of brown laid down in a highly intricate pattern. The windows are all frosted and sided with lead lined stained glass. From the vaulted ceiling hang bronze lanterns and filling over half of one short wall is a fireplace in which crackles a cheery fire. There are no tables to be seen only plush booths on one long side of the room and an elaborate though small stage across the wide floor from them. The other short wall is taken up with the bar in front of which are set a number of high stools. The area behind the bar is filled with tapped barrels, bottles, glasses of varying shapes and sizes, and a very large man with a bristling black beard who looks you up and down before raising an eyebrow.

The man finishes polishing the glass in his hand, sets it in it's spot, and says, "Mistress Lianai has her first show at 7 PM sharp this evening. She is, of course, not here now."
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I thank the man, saying I will see him there.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Heading along spring lane and summer road, I reach the red lion inn. I walk up to the desk "Excuse me good sir (or ma'am) but I am wondering how much it would cost to hire out 6(or 7 can't remember) rooms. Nothing too extravagant but cozy rooms that will provide comfort after a long days at sea."
Mint

Post by Mint »

As you come up to the Red Lion inn you cannot help but feel a bit awed by the posh air of the place. The Red Lion is famed throughout Angland for it's reputation for taking care of the needs of it's clientele and for the prices charged to see that those needs are met.
As you walk up to the door it opens of it's own accord and you are greeted by a doorman dressed in a sober grey and blue uniform whose quality is greater than that of your best clothing. The carpet under your feet must be at least two inches thick as you feel your feet sink into it. The foyer is all expensive woods, cut crystal, stained glass, gleaming silver, bronze, and gold. Across the wide room you see scattered deep overstuffed leather chairs, settees, couches, and love seats all gathered round low wooden tables. A patron or two can be seen as they sit taking their ease.
On the far side of the room you see a counter with a tall, thin well dressed man who looks up at you as you approach. As you ask him about the rooms he expertly hides his inner feeling that it is unlikely you can afford the accommodations you are asking about. "I believe I understand the kind of rooms you are looking for. Whether a single room or seven the price is the same. Five silver pieces per room per night. Meals are separate."

(OOC: Please see the post on Haggling in the World thread.)
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone replies "sounds reasonable but is there a reduced rate if you book ahead. It's not that I am short of funds it just that there are times when you want to make the most of your money. I also do like to keep my gold peices whole if you get what I mean...Anyway sorry about rambling" Alrone brings out 2 shining gold pieces and hands them to the man "7 rooms please".
Mint

Post by Mint »

The concierge, despite his best effort, turns a bit red in the face at the phrase "reduce rate". "I am afraid not...erm...sir." he says, after coughing in a way that suggests he is making allowances for your misbehavior. He does, however take your two gold crowns and, after depositing them in a drawer, hands you back five silver shillings. He then goes to the wall behind him and retrieves the keys to seven rooms which he hands to you. "Did you want to go up now or would you prefer to wait for your party?"

(OOC: Be sure to subtract the amount from your character sheet.)
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

"Yeah, I suppose arguing semantics on the price was rather rude of me and for that I appoligise. I suppose I find the rest of my group and come back with them later. Thank you very much." I head out of the Inn and realise I have no idea where everyone is.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I head along winter court to the upper market then down southwall road, turn left up south market street to the lower market. I shall spend a little time loitering in the Lower market, maybe find a central coffee shop. I will look out for my allies but I shall prioritise reaching the Twin moon tavern in good time (30 mins before)