Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Ah Aerth. In merry ol' Angland, King Ithwyrd lies old and feeble on his bed in Lyndon-Upon-Tems. Despite this all is well. The succession is assured and the land prospers. But something is coming that has not been seen since before the fall of the last dragon for it is... the season of the mist.

Moderator: Mint

Mint

Re: Chapter One: The Star and the Sylvan Sea

Post by Mint »

black1blade wrote:Alrone is happy that he has made her smile "You have magical abilities? I am intrigued...I knew there was more to you than meets the eye." I chuckle then quickly tuck into my (insert food here) as casting the magical afflicted a astute level of fatigue upon me.
"Me? Magic? No." Lianai shakes her head briefly as she sips her tea. "I play music, sing, dance, tell tales. If I do it right I take people out of themselves for a short time. Some call it magical. That's all." Looking down she sees her plate is empty and she gets up with a graceful movement and stands beside her chair. "Thank you for the meal...and the company." She smiles and turns away, heading for the door. At the door she turns and says, "Come see me if you can. Twin Moon tavern." She smiles again then turns and leaves.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I move over to Alrone.

I'd say you are 'in' there, my friend. Eh?

(Thinly disguised jealousy at the half-elf's way with the ladies).
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I gave a faint smile. "Well I suppose...who I am kidding, she probably wont be interested in a travelling fool like myself. Anyway william-right, yeah william, how many long was it till we get to Caerton?"
Longman

Post by Longman »

The captain said two days, mister...Alrone? I hope that includes yesterday. That would mean we will be there by nightfall. There did seem to be a lot of mist up to the north, when I was above deck. But there was mist all around us on the horizon, so I'm sure that is quite normal, at sea.

(In fact William does not sound sure of this at all).
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Alrone abandons his dreamy state and dons a worried face "Yes these mists are strange indeed although I hope we arrive unscathed. There is little I could do anyway, if a monster attacked our ship although I'm sure your the type who would be able to land a few blows on a sea serpent" He gives a sarcastic chuckle.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Joscelin, interrupting the conversation between Alrone and William :

"I see that I'm not the only one still thinking about this mist. I made some pretty strange dreams last night. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all this, but its probably just the sea altering my sleep and mood. Is it the first time that you take the sea for such a long time ?"
Woe

Post by Woe »

Mint wrote: Several of the younger crew, working at the lines and holystoning the deck, sneak a glance or two your way before smiling bashfully, looking away again and then talking to each other in low voices which seem to convey a tone of admiration. Further up the deck the grizzled Bosun keeps a stern eye on things with his hands behind his back holding the crop traditional to his job.
Elizabeth kindly ignores the looks of the younger crew. It's a good thing William isn't up here... that teddy bear can turn into big brother bear really fast. she muses.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
artikid

Post by artikid »

Seeing most of the group has dispersed and not being up for sparring Kynndelic takes his leave:"If you'll excuse me now, I think I'll have a chat with the crew before I have breakfast."
He makes a small bow and moves towards the bosun.
"Good day to you. Would you mind a little conversation, Sir?"
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

mTeasdale wrote:Joscelin, interrupting the conversation between Alrone and William :

"I see that I'm not the only one still thinking about this mist. I made some pretty strange dreams last night. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all this, but its probably just the sea altering my sleep and mood. Is it the first time that you take the sea for such a long time ?"
Oh Alrone turns his head to Joscelin, "You are asking us if we have been on a ships before? If so then I suppose I have had a little bit of experience sailing the seas on my travel. It's quite strange... I'm feeling kinda sea sick but on previous journey I was fine. This mist I really don't like it..." With that Alrone gets out of his chair and heads to the deck for any observations.
Mint

Post by Mint »

artikid wrote:Seeing most of the group has dispersed and not being up for sparring Kynndelic takes his leave:"If you'll excuse me now, I think I'll have a chat with the crew before I have breakfast."
He makes a small bow and moves towards the bosun.
"Good day to you. Would you mind a little conversation, Sir?"
"Not at all Sir. What is on your mind?" The bosun responds and engages in a bit of small talk with you for a bit before excusing himself to resume his duties.

(OOC: Sorry for not giving you the opportunity to roleplay this out a bit but I need to get the game moving forward a bit. You can take it up again later if you like after this next scene.)