Digest formatting for Lulu?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
jdn2006

Digest formatting for Lulu?

Post by jdn2006 »

I won't be able to check this until next week (and it's not critical) but I'd like to see some digest formatted versions of the modules and books on Lulu. I've done my own for some things - but with a nice, clean font and maps spanning two pages, a color cover, - a digest book would be really nice to have! I'd buy one of each actually (full size and digest.)

And the Lulu prices are a steal, compared to what I see in stores...
jdn2006

Re: Digest formatting for Lulu?

Post by jdn2006 »

Attached is an example of how I modify files - delete sections to make them single column, up the font size, etc. to make them easier to read in booklet form.
Attachments
JN1-Chaotic-Caves-r13 Digest.odt
OO text
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 405 times
JN1-Chaotic-Caves-r13 Digest.pdf
PDF
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 417 times
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

The digest format and larger font size means that the pdf works a treat on my Kindle.
Koren_nRhys

Post by Koren_nRhys »

Arise old topic!

I was curious if anyone else has formatted their (or anyone else's) supplements in digest layout. I like the rulebooks and such in full letter-size, but for my house-rule booklets that get thrown out on the table for player reference, I love digest. Plus it's easier to print multiple copies at home and fold them up into nice little booklets.

Seeing as this is the ONLY topic that came up in a search, I'm guessing not, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

JD has shared his .odt here, which is always appreciated, but it's an adventure and not the usual "supplement" format. Still, a nice starting point. I may play around and see what I can come up with as well.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'd like to make a version of the Core Rules that's a lot easier to read on tablets, etc. I personally prefer 6"x9". I'm not sure Solo's thoughts on such a thing...
Koren_nRhys

Post by Koren_nRhys »

I'd love that to have on my tablet as well, but doing the reformat work for a full rule book would be a nightmare. I'm thinking digest more for the short supplements.
Chassetter

Post by Chassetter »

Would love to get my greedy little paws on the Core rules in digest but just the 50 some odd page's that makes up the player's section so I could hand that out by itself for player use at the table.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Koren_nRhys wrote:doing the reformat work for a full rule book would be a nightmare.
It'd be quite a bit of work yes, but I'd like to take it on if approved.
Chassetter wrote:Would love to get my greedy little paws on the Core rules in digest but just the 50 some odd page's that makes up the player's section so I could hand that out by itself for player use at the table.
We have the Beginner's Essentials, but not the entire first portion of the Core Rules.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81 wrote:I'd like to make a version of the Core Rules that's a lot easier to read on tablets, etc. I personally prefer 6"x9". I'm not sure Solo's thoughts on such a thing...
My thoughts?

Did you notice how much work getting the 3rd Edition out was? And the formatting was already more than half done before I started.

Really not sure it's worth it. Convince me.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

What flexibility could one have? Artwork would likely need to be reduced, both in size and quantity. I'd want to re-format/style the tables.