Backgrounds, Specialties, and Quasi Classes-

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
_Timeshadows_

Re: Backgrounds, Specialties, and Quasi Classes-

Post by _Timeshadows_ »

SmootRK wrote:I can imagine it can get pretty complicated when one begins to think in terms of options that one might pick up after a certain level is achieved (mainlyoptions that other classes get at level one). For instance, 9th level Paladin getting clerical spells at that point, or "ad&d1 style ranger getting MU spells at "name" level. Quantifying how much that is worth vs. the level it acquired on.

My Spell Caster system makes that easier to determine, as the limited range of Spell Levels cost less than an Intermediate or Major Caster.
SmootRK wrote:And then there are (at least in the quasi-classes) some unique abilities. For instance Sage qclass is built around that Knowledge ability. One could play with options too. How many "areas of knowledge", speed of % progression, etc.... or the Confessor ability (I would avoid that one as an option anyone could build classes with, but that is just my opinion).
I'm not including all of the Bardic percentile Skills, either, so folks would still have to determine the cost per percentage (after a 1/10th cost base value) to increase those non-listed percentile ('Technical') skills.

Regarding the Confessor, considering that it is an author's IP, I wouldn't use it by that name, but, I do have a Psychic Tracking skill, which could be used as in comparison for determining cost.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've had a question about availability of this supplement. Are you close to releasing something? Our usual procedure is to release early and often... it helps a lot if an author suddenly becomes unavailable. A new author can come along and take it from there.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Should this be moved to General until/unless any work is submitted?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Holding for a reply from the author.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
_Timeshadows_

Post by _Timeshadows_ »

So sorry to get to this so late.
I'm caught up in other things.

I think it makes sense to move it to General until I have something more to show you. I have a lot of this, but I'm not sure it is ready for general consumption.

Thanks,