Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
jstater

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by jstater »

I think I had 4 hp left. Way to close for comfort - especially when I couldn't hit the broad side of a troglodyte. Nothing more fun than being the party fighter and not pulling your own weight in a fight. C'est la vie.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Its weird being a bad ass. I like playing a thief and usually I have to try to come up with ways not to race to the sound of battle. But starting at 3rd level Shybolt has near as good stats as Grumm and Dorne. That will change once you guys get some plate, but for now I feel my place is to man up and melee. I will range when i can, but when at close quarters I will swing away.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

BTW, has anyone else selected their weapon specialization? I selected my shortbow. That will give me a +6 to hit as opposed to my +3 when in melee.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Hywaywolf wrote:BTW, has anyone else selected their weapon specialization? I selected my shortbow. That will give me a +6 to hit as opposed to my +3 when in melee.
:? I thought weapon specialization was only for fighters?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Is it? I never used it before. Well, since I haven't ranged i haven't used it yet either . I suppose i should read that section more carefully. Well, +5 to range then.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Good call - forgot about the weapon specialization at character creation. As a 3rd level fighter, I should have two ranks of specialization and would like to put them both in the pole arm. Should give me a +1 bonus to hit and damage with it from this point on. Should be useful. I'll have to remember to use the defending tactic as well - could have helped in that last fight.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

After rereading that supplement, that was my same thought. If I had remembered that I would have fought on with the knowledge that you had a +4 to ac (p;us the weapons specialization is added to your ac as well) . You could have tied one up in defence while Dorne and I attacked the other two. We have to remember that. It might be good for timorel to state that he always melees in defence as well until he picks up more hp at the next level.

btw I think you don't get the second rank till 4th level. You get it at 1st, then every third levl after that. 4th 7th 10th
jstater

Post by jstater »

I'm a half-orc fighter with the reading comprehension to match. However many ranks - they go to pole arm.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:It might be good for timorel to state that he always melees in defence as well until he picks up more hp at the next level.
Yeah, that was my plan. Timorel just never knew he was in combat until Dorne called him back from the light.

Obviously, from now on Timorel will stay behind the line or in the middle of the circle and won't be doing any scouting until he gets that second level.
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

you might want to OOC that statement in the game thread. Solomoriah said he won't be reading this one as often as he does the game thread.