Chapter 1: The Descent

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 1: The Descent

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: consensus says - we are heading back up the stairs)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The bedraggled adventurers returned up the stairs and into the cellar, where Dorne and Shybolt spent a few minutes moving kegs and crates to block the hole in the wall. Meanwhile, Grumm helped Timorel up the stairs.

In the common room, the adventurers found Harald and Irena. The serving wench gasped at the sight of the injured half-orc and elf. Harald, frowning, said, "What'd you find down there? Something bigger than kobolds, I'd wager."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

"Much bigger"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"You're subbasement is a warren of passages infested with troglodytes," Shybolt answers. "They were lying in wait for us. We'll need to rest up a couple days to heal. I'd like to use that time productively. Do you know anyone who could tell us more about what we might find down there?"
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm: "Best of all, they know we're up here now, and how to get at us. I shouldn't like to stay in this inn tonight - three of those things nearly killed us all*. Perhaps I should warn the other guests."

* Yeah, he's lying - trying to mess with the innkeeper's mind.

Question for DM - Where does Grumm live? If he has a hovel in the village, he'll stay there while we heal up, and he'll invite the others to stay with him if they like.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Grumm lives in a ramshackle one-room cabin he inherited from his mother on the edge of town. Incidentally, Dorne's second spell restored an additional 4 hit points to Grumm.
I'll get a full update in tonight.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: Unless someone in this town may have knowledge of the caverns or something of significance happens, Shybolt will just eat a few good meals and rest up in the tavern/inn til the morning.)
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne will use his spells to speed along the healing process, then when everyone is at full health and all spells are restored he is ready to head back down.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel very sincerely thanks everyone for bringing him out, and Dorne for bringing him back from death's door. Then he rests to heal up.
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Guests? No one is staying here save you three. Since I sleep on the upper floor, and the three of you have the common room, I expect anything that comes up from below will get you first. In other words, you're guarding Irena and I." Harald smirked broadly, then turned away, saying "Well, I'll be off to sleep now."

To avoid die rolling, I'll just say that you get one hit point back every night you sleep, and one more every day you rest. The next day, Dorne rolls 5 and 7 for his two healing spells. Apply those points to your characters and tell me how many hit points you each have. Assuming you rest a whole day, you'll get back 3 points total from resting by the morning of the third day (where the day you arrived is the first day).