Chapter 4: Storm

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Lars stumbles out an "Excuse me, Ma'am. Ship's business." With a nod of his head, he will dart around her and go out to dump the bomb!

OOC: Actually that is what I meant! Going down etc etc. Sorry, I've been on the road for most of the past few weeks and I'm dead tired.
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Solomoriah wrote:The late hour, the long day, and the scotch all began to tell on Artie; and Will seemed somewhat affected also.

GM Note: Any final words, get 'em in now, because they have to sleep sometime.
After relaxing for a bit in the silence (unless Artie has anything else) Will says, "let's talk again tomorrow okay, I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but being prepared means I'm, er, we're ahead of it. I'll certainly watch your back if you'll return the favor. This isn't over I fear, not until I'm back on solid ground." Will intently listens to whatever Artie has to say, then he gathers himself to leave. Before heading back to his cabin his demeanor goes from relaxed to tense and prepared. He'll carefully and quietly return to the cabin, senses prepare and taking in anything out of the ordinary. Greet the good doctor and ensure that he and his Mondabe artifacts are okay. Ask after Catherine, ensuring she's okay, then (when the doctor isn't looking) he stashes the gun under his pillow after doing a quick check on it's ammo. Safety still on of course :D .
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Solomoriah wrote:The late hour, the long day, and the scotch all began to tell on Artie; and Will seemed somewhat affected also.
Artie stifled a yawn. "Well, buddy, I guess we'll find out more when, or if, that Brandon fellow talks. But I don't know whether Pelton will share any of that with the likes of us... Better call it a night. Glad to have met you. Let's watch each other's backs, ok?"

Artie sees Will out, then closes his stateroom door and goes through the bulkhead door leading aft, now yawning openly in tiredness. He's heading toward the men's water closet.
Solomoriah wrote:Trying to hurry, while simultaneously being as cautious as he could, Simon Lars took the bundle of dynamite down to A deck, then turned down the aft passageway to the overlook. Just as he did so, the door to the ladies' water closet opened, and an old lady stepped out.

"Oh my!" she exclaimed, and just for a moment both the old lady and Simon froze.
Artie sees a man he doesn't recognize carrying a bundle with what looks like electrical wiring hanging from it and an old lady -- Miss Emily? -- staring at each other in the corridor. Given the events of the day, he instantly becomes tense.

"Hey... what's going on here?" He turns his head partway toward the closing bulkhead door leading to the cabin corridor. "Will!" he shouts tersely.

OOC: Don't know if it's ok to "engineer" this encounter... let me know if not -- otherwise Artie will just use the bathroom and head to bed.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:38 pm

GM Note: I actually would be happy with you engineering the encounter, save for the closed door between the passenger quarters and the aft section where the toilet facilities are located.

Simon stood looking over the side for a few moments, breathing hard. The illumination of the aft overlook was dim at best, and the sea below invisible in the darkness. Looking up, he saw the lightning flashing again, all around the ship. How has the storm surrounded us so fast? he mused. And why is it so calm here? he thought, The wind should be blowing fiercely for the storm to move like that.

...

Just as Artie was seeing Will off to his room, Miss Emily burst into the passageway through the aft door. "A bomb!" she exclaimed to them both. "I saw a crewman taking a bomb down the passageway!"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
rredmond
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 am
Location: South Jersey

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:57 am

"Bloody hell," Will says incredulously, then looking at Artie, "can we trust anyone working on this ship?" Artie shakes off his tiredness, and his immediate feeling of being beat down again by what's going on, and gets alert and ready as his survival instincts kick in. "We can't kill off the whole crew, somebody's gotta land this thing", Will whispers quietly to Artie, half trying to steel himself with some humor and half in desperation. He slips the gun out from the back of his belt, makes a dramatic move at clicking off the safety and nods at Artie, "another go at pushing our luck?" If Artie is amenable then Will quietly joins him in finding out what's going on. Otherwise Will listens to any plan that Artie may have. He'll also attempt his most calming and supportive smile to Miss Emily so she doesn't get them all (as he would think) killed.
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:21 am

rredmond wrote:"Bloody hell," Will says incredulously, then looking at Artie, "can we trust anyone working on this ship?" Artie Will shakes off his tiredness, and his immediate feeling of being beat down again by what's going on, and gets alert and ready as his survival instincts kick in. "We can't kill off the whole crew, somebody's gotta land this thing", Will whispers quietly to Artie, half trying to steel himself with some humor and half in desperation. He slips the gun out from the back of his belt, makes a dramatic move at clicking off the safety and nods at Artie, "another go at pushing our luck?"
GM Note: I think you got your own name wrong... must be tired (see colored words above). :D When Will checked his ammo earlier, he found seven rounds in the eight-round magazine, consistent with it having been fired once.

At the sight of Will's handgun, Miss Emily let out a brief and surprisingly girlish squeal, then said, "Mister Thornton, do be careful!" Recognizing his intent, she stepped back against the passageway wall to allow him to pass, her hands held up, somewhat comically, about halfway.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 am

Solomoriah wrote: Just as Artie was seeing Will off to his room, Miss Emily burst into the passageway through the aft door. "A bomb!" she exclaimed to them both. "I saw a crewman taking a bomb down the passageway!"
Artie stares at her for a moment, incredulous. If it hadn't been for the evening's earlier events, he'd have assumed she'd mistaken a toolbox or some innocent mechanical device for a "bomb." But under the circumstances...
rredmond wrote:"Bloody hell," Will says incredulously, then looking at Artie, "can we trust anyone working on this ship?" [...] He slips the gun out from the back of his belt, makes a dramatic move at clicking off the safety and nods at Artie, "another go at pushing our luck?"
Artie nods and slips in behind Will, feeling a bit useless without a weapon. He realizes his heart is suddenly beating fast, very fast.
Solomoriah wrote:At the sight of Will's handgun, Miss Emily let out a brief and surprisingly girlish squeal, then said, "Mister Thornton, do be careful!" Recognizing his intent, she stepped back against the passageway wall to allow him to pass, her hands held up, somewhat comically, about halfway.
"Listen, Miss Emily," whispers Artie as they pass her, "it'd be best if you went straight to room #15 and asked Catherine and Lily to take you to the captain right away. He'll need to know what you saw... but I suggest you wait till you see him to say anything at all... alright? It'll do no good to worry the girls."

Artie feels bad about involving Catherine and Lily, but he's worried that Miss Emily might take too long to reach the captain under her own steam.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7755
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter IV

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 pm

"As you say, Arthur," she replied. As it happened, the door to room 15 was right behind her, so as soon as Will and Artie passed by her, she turned and knocked upon it.

Through the doorway, Will and Artie found the entryway and aft passage vacant.


GM Note: For the map-challenged, I'll point out that the A deck exit (whence both Will and Artie entered the ship when it was still grounded) is to your left, the staircase proceeding both up and down is to your right, and the narrow passageway between the toilet facilities is straight in front of you. The door to the aft overlook is at the end of that passageway.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Mak
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Art Evans, jazz pianist and Uldyneas Tyinar, Thief

Re: Chapter IV

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:18 am

Solomoriah wrote:Through the doorway, Will and Artie found the entryway and aft passage vacant.
"I know what's beyond that door," whispers Artie to Will, recalling his earlier encounter with Mansel on the aft overlook. "There's a kind of open-air balcony with a railing. It won't take but a moment to check it; if our man's not there, then we know he'll have either gone up or down the stairs."

"Unless of course he's in one of the water closets..." Artie jerks the door of the men's, then the women's, open in turn, standing back to let Will aim inside.
Rosisha
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 am

Re: Chapter IV

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 am

Simon, after ditching the bomb overboard is going to head back and look for Green and the Captain, completely unaware of the vigilante squad that is hunting for him. If he sees them he will just nod politely and if not he'll just head towards the crew quarters.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest