Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Prelude: They Met In A Tavern

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt sees Grumm getting up and thinks he can use this to avoid being asked to pay up. Since he didn't speak his intentions Shybolt has no idea that Grumm plans to check on the serving wench, but great minds think a like. Shybolt stands as well, "aha, so I'll be needing the privy now before the girl comes back with more drink. he looks at his bag and then at all the strangers in the room, then back at his back, then. Like someone whose had his gear stolen before, he picks it up, coughs embarrassingly and says, "I gots my scraping paper in here. I'll need it with what I plan to drop." he then begins to walk toward the same door/passage the woman disappeared into.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt followed Grumm through the door into the back of the tavern. The bartender, apparently distracted, calls out "Wait! You can't go back there!"

The badly-lit room on the other side of the doorway turned out, unsurprisingly, to be the kitchen. Seeing the poor state of cleanliness of the room (and of the cook, who turned from his pots to glare at the newcomers), Shybolt felt slightly ill.

Besides the door they entered through, Grumm and Shybolt saw two other doors. One, Grumm knew well, was the back door; the other he presumed went down to the cellar.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt takes one look at the cook and his belly churns. He may need that privy after all. Then he turned his attention to the two doors and wondered which would one would lead him out the back. He hated the idea of heading back onto the road again so soon, but he didn't want to be seen as a lousy vagrant in front of all those people, not too mention the likelihood of winding up in whatever served as the lockup in these parts. So Shybolt waited to see which door the local brute would open and decide what to do then.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne returns to waiting for his stew, and as much to himself as anyone else mutters "I have half a mind to go find these caves, you always find good stuff in caves."
Last edited by Maliki on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm heads for the cellar to call after the wench. If he hears no reply, he'll check things out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Grumm opened the door to the cellar and prepared to bellow for the serving wench; but he stopped short as he heard the sounds of a scuffle coming from below. Then he heard a squeal, as from a woman, cut suddenly short. Shybolt also heard the squeal.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Maliki wrote:Dorne returns to his stew and ale, and as much to himself as anyone else mutters "I have half a mind to go find these caves, you always find good stuff in caves."
(OOC: I don't think we ever got our stew (which may be for the better) and Timorel didn't order ale yet.)
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt takes note that the door opened by Grumm leads into another room or possibly a set of stairs, and starts to head for the other door when the noises from the 1st door arrests his step. "Oho," he calls to Grumm, "is that our wench?" Shybolt hesitates for a moment as he glances at his escape route, but then drops his pack and pulls his sword free as it falls. "Might be all fun in games down there, but I think we should go down and check just in case."

With a look toward the cook he says, "Call for help if we aren't back in the time it takes an egg to fry." Shybolt then crosses the room and heads down the stairs, behind Grumm if he goes first, or in front of him if he hesitates.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will draw his dagger from his belt and put his hand on Shybolt's shoulder. In a low voice, he'll say "Follow me - about five feet behind - make no noise". He'll then head down the stairs, keeping his eyes peeled for the source of the trouble.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Sir Bedivere wrote:
Maliki wrote:Dorne returns to his stew and ale, and as much to himself as anyone else mutters "I have half a mind to go find these caves, you always find good stuff in caves."
(OOC: I don't think we ever got our stew (which may be for the better) and Timorel didn't order ale yet.)
(OOC: Good catch :oops: fixed)