BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

I've uploaded a new R10 version of the adventure to the first post in the thread. Right now, my attention is on Castle D'Angelo, but I'd be thrilled if someone was interested in working on additional material for either House of Coldarius or Tower of Light.

House of Coldarius is, in an unintentional fashion, a vintage horror movie/Halloween themed adventure. It needs a lot of gothic flavor, and maybe another monster or two (minor ones, of course).

Tower of Light is a strange little piece. The dungeon was effectively abandoned until the new tenant came along; some abandoned-building flavor text, and perhaps a particularly hardy monster or two (who would not challenge the wizard, of course) would be really nice.

Of course, I'd be thrilled to have some more material to fill in the gaps in Castle D'Angelo. And as always, download the new version and look it over... I'm always interested in feedback.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
RelevantSky

Post by RelevantSky »

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so I don't know if it's been addressed, but on page 2 of this thread SmootRK wrote a number of descriptions for House of Coldarius that don't seem to be in the current version.

That said, I'm loving this. I don't find Tower of Light to be a "strange little piece" at all! I think it's extremely creative and well thought out, and sounds like it'll be a blast to play. The one that seems a bit unfocused to me is House of Coldarius. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a bit of Hammer flavor in there? Or if it's played for genuine horror? Nerstly seems a bit humorous to me (in the very best possible way), but then you have that very-cool-but-I-don't-ever-wanna-run-into-one Shrieking Tarantula, so I suspect it's turning into a bit of both. I definitely have some ideas either way.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, good catch on those descriptions from Smoot. I'll get them swept up and added in R11. Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... and now, Smoot's additions are all swept up ... whenever I get R11 out, they'll be in there.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

R11 is up. It's the version I'm taking to Quincon with me.

Amazingly, the adventure still has no artwork. I'm going to have to see if any of our artists are available...
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

I'm thinking of some ideas for the Tower of Light. Trying to make it even stranger. ;)
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
RelevantSky

Post by RelevantSky »

Solomoriah wrote:R11 is up. It's the version I'm taking to Quincon with me.

Amazingly, the adventure still has no artwork. I'm going to have to see if any of our artists are available...
Nice! I definitely have some ideas for House of Coldarius.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Regarding the 3 new monsters at the end: the Leaded Skeleton isn't in the Field Guide, while the other 2 are; however there's some differences in those 2. Do we want to add the Lead Skeleton, and do we want the different entries for the other 2 or replace the ones with the other?
RelevantSky

Post by RelevantSky »

Regarding House of Coldarius: What's the scale of your maps?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

chiisu81 wrote:Regarding the 3 new monsters at the end: the Leaded Skeleton isn't in the Field Guide, while the other 2 are; however there's some differences in those 2. Do we want to add the Lead Skeleton, and do we want the different entries for the other 2 or replace the ones with the other?
Skeleton entry has leaded skeleton there (at least in the materials I was working on).
"Skeleton (Standard and Leaded)"
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?