Describe A Room

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
LibraryLass

Re: Describe A Room

Post by LibraryLass »

Alrighty, sweet. Just didn't want to skronk up anything that was already there on accident.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... I hope you guys are holding off until the last minute intentionally ...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Darn, I spaced on it. I'll bang it out this afternoon. Sorry, man.
RelevantSky

Post by RelevantSky »

Solomoriah wrote:... I hope you guys are holding off until the last minute intentionally ...
I've actually been really busy this weekend. Had to unexpectedly go 200 miles to pick up my daughter, plus I have a looming deadline for several collective pieces.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

The ducal bedroom is draped in rich red, from the velvet curtains hung over the windows and the cherry-framed bed to the tapestry along the wall depicting a bloody war between a D'angelo ancestor and the gnolls that once lived nearby, centuries ago. Next to the door are the mounted tusks of an elephant on a wooden plaque. It is rather more disheveled than you'd expect a nobleman's private chambers to be. Papers and open tomes lie strewn about the rumpled sheets and floor. Closer inspection reveals that Pons and his wife have been collaborating on something, though on cursory examination, you can't make heads or tails of what. If you take time to sort through the notes, it is apparent that they are attempting to unlock the secrets of a ritual to ensure that they will conceive twins. The books, however, are all novels, collections of folklore, and other such things that the duchess has been reading for pleasure in her spare time. A pile of several books on the nightstand holds a pair of reading glasses belonging to her.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Well, I was hoping for some competition here, but hey, I did get a good one. LL, I'll have to rearrange your description a bit (pull out boxed text, mainly, and add a few statistics here and there) but it's going in pretty much as you wrote it. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org