JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jdn2006

Re: JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:It makes more sense to publish fewer larger works on Lulu, rather than more smaller works, since there is a base charge per book plus a per-page charge. If it were strictly per page, it wouldn't matter. So I generally combine smaller modules into larger mega-modules... BF2 was originally three modules, for instance, as was BF1.

I'm hoping J.D. will go for combining the two for publication. It's up to him, though.
Feel free to combine them, re-edited, change the art, whatever you feel you need to do with it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks, JD!

I'm planning to wait on that until you have all the unfinished bits done in JN1 (you are still working on it, right?) Also, I haven't looked over JN2 yet. I've run the previous version of JN1 to completion, and loved it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:Thanks, JD!

I'm planning to wait on that until you have all the unfinished bits done in JN1 (you are still working on it, right?) Also, I haven't looked over JN2 yet. I've run the previous version of JN1 to completion, and loved it.
Glad to hear it. I'm looking over both and hope to have them as complete as I can get next week.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

The latest update (I tried attaching files to the message but it crashed...)

I'm not that good at making up town personalities. It would help if someone could add some (if they are neeed).

I added wilderness adventures to help cover the bugs and monsters I found missing.

I tried to reorganize it some to bring some of the extraneous support text together.

Any edits and corrections would be helpful.
Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Regarding personalities: I found a site a while back, which URL I seem to have mislaid, that would randomly assign a couple of quirks to each NPC. This works really well, actually... most NPCs never need to be more than "cardboard cutouts" anyway. I think I need to put something like this together...
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I uploaded a version to fix some room numbers that were off in the wilderness area (the above links should pull the new data). I don't plan on making any other changes except to fix errors (and I'll let you know if I plan to) or if you suggest otherwise.

I'm hoping this and Chaotic Caves is stable enough to be edited and used without any major changes.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've posted your most current Chaotic Caves and Monkey Isle tonight; I'll edit them and post updated, edited releases in the next couple of weeks. Editing will probably take several passes.

Anyone who is interested in helping is encouraged to download either or both of the modules and give them a read. Any problems you see, post them in the relevant thread or email me directly and I'll deal with corrections. J.D. might jump in and comment on any problems found also. Anyone who submits corrections, or just points out problems with the text, will get proofreader credit on the module(s).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, J.D., I know you've done your own art for this module. Will you be doing a cover piece and/or title page piece?

Also, what color do you want the crenelated page collar to be? You know, the part that's red on BF1.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just posted an edit release. J.D., if you need to make any changes, please download the r7 version and do your changes there so I don't have to redo the layout changes.

I still need to actually proofread it. This is mostly a layout revision.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:Hey, J.D., I know you've done your own art for this module. Will you be doing a cover piece and/or title page piece?

Also, what color do you want the crenelated page collar to be? You know, the part that's red on BF1.
I've looked at doing cover art, but the best I can do is the small, boring mechanical pieces. I can't even imagine a decent idea to use right now.

I'll leave color schemes and serious art up to you. Glancing at the BF modules and books the basic black/red/gren/blue/yellow schemas have been used; anything decent will work.