Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

Jered Taikith

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen takes a seat next to the Halfling's and gives the Innkeeper a nod of thanks and begins to eat her soup. Looking up she says, "If you insist I won't turn down your offer a second time. My thanks." She looks down at her soup a moment, her face flushes, and she resumes eating.
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

Finishing his meal, Howell stretches once more and turns to where his Halfling friend had been sitting. So absorbed with the meal, he'd paid no attention to the arrival of Sen or Caeser, though he'd overheard the comments about the keys.

Turning, he spots the group. "Oh! well, hello there. Tuk, are these friends of yours?" Standing up, he hitches his pack back on. "Name's Howell." He looks over at Caeser and smiles some before looking over at Sen and giving her a warm smiles as well. "If I had to guess by the way you all carry yourselves, I'd say you all have business in the Carthas like I."

Glacing back at Matthew, he gives a small nod of his head. "Meal was great. I thank you, good sir."
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper replies "well, if you're staying, you'll need rooms. Here's the keys."

He hands the three of you that don't already have keys each a key. The keys are marked with the numbers "1", "3", and "4".

"Just head upstairs and find the door that matches your key" he explains.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper:

(To Caesar)

"No, the name doesn't ring a bell."

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen finishes up her soup, takes the key from the Innkeeper, and rises from her seat by the bar. She gives the Innkeeper a hesitant smile, her eyes lighting and says, "Thank you. For the soup and for the place to stay. If I get soft so be it." With a wink and a chuckle she heads up the stairs, finds her room, enters it, and closes the door.

Once inside she takes off her pack and sets it on the floor, propping it against the wall. She takes off her bow and quiver next and sets them beside the wall as well. Removing her sword harness and sword she places them under her bed along with the sheath for her dagger. The dagger goes under her pillow.

The armor comes off next and is set carefully into a corner.

With a sigh of contentment Sen removes her boots and loosens her tunic a bit before opening her pack, taking out her whetstone kit and retrieving her sword from under the bed. Sitting cross legged on the bed, Sen begins to tend to it's edge.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The afternoon passed uneventfully for the companions. They each went up to their rooms, and stayed there for several hours.

Sen sharpened and cleaned her weapons.

Caesar meditated and prayed.

Tuk watched the birds outside his window.

And Howell took a short nap.

When evening rolled round (about 6:00 P.M) the companions headed back downstairs. They found the common room now had several patrons sitting and eating. A serving maid carried food and drinks around. Matthew stood behind the counter, talking to a pair of farmers. When he saw the companions, he called back to the kitchen "Daniel, we have four more customers!"

The companions sat down at the bar, and in a minute Daniel brought out their food. A bowl of savory stew was set before each, and a fat slice of bread as well. Matthew put a small beer in front of each of them.

"So, are you still planning on going into the Ruined Lands?"

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen nods to Matthew and says, "Yes."

Putting her spoon down she looks at the Innkeeper and asks, "Is there anything you can tell us about the Ruined Lands?" Her eyes take on an intent look and her contralto voice is almost a purr. She leans closer to Matthew and cocks her head slightly.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Matthew pulls away slightly, but Sen can see a glimmer in his eye.

"Well lass, I think I could. What do you want to know?"

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen lets a soft smile lift the corners of her lips and she lowers her lashes slowly as she looks down, lifting them again as she looks back up and straight into the Innkeeper's eyes.

"Well, I've heard that people have been going into those lands. Have you heard of anyone coming back out?", she asks, lifting a brow slightly in inquiry.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk crawls back up on to the stool he used earlier and spun about before the food arrived to look over the small crowd while answering Matthew "The Ruined Land needs healing so of course I will be going for that is where the Goddess is wounded and she cries in pain." then leans backwards against the bar to look at Sen "Are you still stone or have you realized that you are cracked and if you stay stone, you will break apart."

Tilting his head back a little more to look farther on to see Howell "Dude, you going to eat that roll?" then glances over the new guy "Hi Ceasar. You follow the Goddess? Does she cry to you at night when the ground weeps? I saw her when I was younger and she was beautiful."