Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by -1warrior »

A few moment later, the cook (Daniel), brings out a big bowl of soup and a large roll. He sets them in front of Sen.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen looks down at the tankard and bowl set before her for a long still moment, a muscle twitching in her cheek. She swallows involuntarily, the tip of her tongue beginning to lick her lip before disappearing once more behind her thin lips. Slowly her hand moves toward the bowl, a look of longing on her face. Then with a quick shake of her head and a look of regret she says, "Thank you. No." She says in a low voice. Backing up a pace, her hand falls to her side to grip her worn leather pant leg as though to keep it from temptation. "I meant what I said. I'm too weak willed to spend even a single night in an Inn. If I do I may lose my resolve to continue on." She colors slightly, obviously regretting having admitted to this. "Directions to a source of clean water and as to where I might find a good place to spend a night in the open will be sufficient." She speaks in a smoky contralto, her words measured, as though they were things she is afraid of. Her eyes moisten suddenly and she blinks. She looks down at the floor for a long moment, her hand tightening on her pant leg 'til the knuckles are white. When she looks up again her eyes are dry. "The directions. Please." Her voice like dust.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk watches the woman move slightly away from the food as she repeats herself then slowly his hand creeps towards the bowl while he keeps a watch on her from the corner of his eyes. When it seems she won't make an action to defend her food, Tuk pulls it over in front of himself to start eating it but he constantly keeps glancing at her while hovering over the bowl.

Eyes glancing back and forth from Matthew and Sen, Tuk finishes the soup by wiping the inside of the bowl clean with the roll then eating the roll.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Well, your loss" says Matthew, looking at Sen strangely. "If you're looking for a campsite, I hear there's one a mile or two north of the village. Just use the old trail. You'll find it at the northern end of the village. The campsite is supposed to be right next to the trail. I wish you well traveler."

-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

The innkeeper also takes the key back from Sen. "Well halfling, you did well for yourself" he remarks to Tuk. "Do you want to just stick around here all afternoon?"

((It's about 1:00 P.M. by this time))

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk shrugs while licking his lips then glances at the woman then over at the human called Howell before turning his attention back to Matthew "You said this thing is used to reveal a room? Where is this room you speak of?" then suddenly slides off the stool to land on his overproportional sized furred feet with almost no sound before moving towards the only other way out of the room that is not behind the bar. "Is it up these" he queries?
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Yes" replies Matthew. "Your room is upstairs. First door on the right. The one with the number "2" painted on it."

Tuk notices that his key has a number "2" carved into it.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk walks over to the stairs and looks at them with his gaze traveling up the length of them. Step by step he moves up to the top of the stairs where he looks about then moves down the hallway to the first door. Tuk drops down to the floor and sniffs at the bottom of the door before hopping up to his feet and pulls out the key. He holds the key up towards the number painted on the door to compare the markings on the door to the key. Realizing it does not match, Tuk moves on down the hallway to the next door and performs the same actions he did at the other door.

Tuk realizes the markings on the key and door match so he tries to open the door but after a few minutes he realizes he can fit the key into a small opening on the door. He discovers it turns and when it makes a clicking noise the door can be opened. Once the door is opened, he peers into the room with caution then slowly steps in to look about.

Tuk sees that it is a room very similar to the den he grew up in but in better condition. There is a simple pallet and a small chest to hold items so Tuk took his pack to stuff it into the chest then headed back down to the main room.

Tuk comes striding back into the common rooms after just a short bit of time to see who is still in the common room.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

((Back in the common room))

Matthew calls out to Sen "aren't you all adventurers? How come you aren't working together?"

Jered Taikith

Post by Jered Taikith »

Sen pauses as she is about to turn to the door and then glances back at Matthew with an indecipherable look. After a moment of indecision she nods to herself and approaches the bar, takes a seat, and looks directly at the human and the Halfling with the unsettling gaze of her silver-gray eyes. "I'm Sen. I'm going into the ruined lands. You?"