That all sounds really nice to me. I'll dig into this later today, and work on cleaning up the layout of the spell section's css. For the monsters, my first suggestion is have an alphabetical or HD sorted list at the start of the monster section that's linked up. Depending on how many levels of TOC you have for the monsters, it may make sense to fit some of it under the Monsters section of the main TOC.Dustinian wrote:Many updates complete and available:
- At the Same URL
- Attached to this post (raw output with visible PHP and PHP files included).
- Div'd out the spells
- Anchored the spells
- Div'd out the monsters
- Got rid of the rogue <em> tag by removing the "readaloud" <p> class. I'd like to bring back the "readaloud" class in a future update. But for now it's something that's too fiddly to automate.
- I still haven't broken this out into multiple pages, that's next.
- Even though I anchored the spells, I haven't taken the time to link the spell lists to the spells. Coming soon.
- I created a monster TOC (you can look at it in the attached .ZIP file), but i'm not sure where to "include" it. Thoughts?
It's been 3 days, so I wanted to show progress. But there's more to do!
- I went ahead and included a ZIP file with the scripts as well. I'm using Text Transformation Language (TTL) (that I built some time ago), but I'm not delighted with the scripts. They're quite document-specific. But I'm keeping a list of features I need to add to TTL to support more "generic" commands in the future. We'll see if I have time for that...
Also, I'm very interested in going through your scripts/php as well to see if I've got any suggestions on those. I'm actually trying to do this same thing for a few other of the OGC d20 games (namely Labyrinth Lord and 13th Age, two games I also play fairly actively) and I so I might be able to help generalize it.
Please do take a screenshot. Right now I've got three menu systems, fixed width of around 300 pixels or so on desktops above 1024 pixels wide, full width as 3 columns on smaller desktops and tablets, and then full width as 1 column once you've gotten all the way down to mobile sizes at 640 pixels or less. With that said, the extra space in the main content area generally does not help, since it just creates really long lines for the paragraphs. I'll take a look at some alternate solutionsBlazeguard wrote:You guys are awesome!!
One thing I noticed. Is there any way to make the menu widths dynamic? I have a big wide-screen monitor but the menus are still narrow and the titles are broken up into several lines.
I can take a screenshot if you're not sure what I mean.
Agreed. Also, that's a good point on the character sheet templates for roll20. I've never done one before, but I'll take a look into how their made.Hywaywolf wrote:This is pretty cool. Once its done its location should be posted in the Roll20 forums. I am finding that there are people using BFRPG there who never come to these forums.
Also, I don't want to add to your workload, especially since I can't do this, but Roll20 now has the ability to use character sheet templates. Games like BFRPG probably won't have sheets prepared by the Roll20 team, but user built templates will be available to other player and DMs.